Salary: $108,236.66 - $138,261.21 annually
Location: Oregon City, OR
Clackamas Water Environment Services (WES) is searching for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to plan, coordinate, and oversee the design and construction of wastewater treatment and collection system projects and studies. If selected for this position, you will serve as a technical resource for addressing reliability, performance, and capacity issues, associated with the treatment plants and collection system operated by WES. Some of the key components of this position include managing planning, design and construction of conveyance, pump station and treatment projects, as well as performing calculations and evaluation of data and technical information.
The Senior Civil Engineer will perform a variety of professional engineering work, project management, and may lead the work of consultants and professional and/or technical engineering staff. Successful candidates will have demonstrated engineering experience and will be able to promote and foster a collaborative, partnership-focused, respectful, equitable and supportive work environment.
Building a resilient clean water future where all people benefit and rivers thrive is our job. We do this by providing wastewater services, stormwater management, and environmental education. Our agency is committed to building a highly skilled collaborative team that values protecting public health, environmental stewardship, responsive customer service and teamwork. We’re on the search for experienced individuals who place a high value on the one water we all share.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
- Possession of a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. E.) in the State of Oregon (Note: Proof of registration will be required prior to the final offer of employment is extended to the selected candidate. Registration in another state where registration was acquired by examination will temporarily fulfill this requirement, provided Oregon registration is obtained within one (1) year of hire.)
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills to perform the responsibilities of this position
- Experience working as a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in civil and/or mechanical engineering
- Experience related to design and construction of wastewater conveyance system, pumping and/or treatment related capital improvement projects or other similar work
- Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Learn more about the County's driving policy.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
- A minimum of three (3) years as a registered Professional Engineer with relevant experience in civil and/or mechanical engineering, including design and construction of wastewater conveyance system, pumping and/or treatment related capital improvement projects or other similar work
- Experience managing or overseeing planning, design and construction of conveyance, pump station and treatment projects
- Experience working in a public sector agency
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran’s Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and manages scope schedule and budget for wastewater-related design and construction projects.
- Prepares and/or reviews conveyance, pump station and treatment plant design projects.
- Manages short and long range planning studies on the feasibility of proposed projects.
- Oversees the selection of engineering consultants preparing studies and designs for wastewater conveyance system, pumping, and treatment related Capital Improvement projects.
- Develops requests for proposals or qualifications; solicits, reviews, and recommends selection of contractors and engineers.
- Oversees the work of construction contractors, including inspection, requests for changes in scope and schedule, submittal review and document management.
- Oversees and coordinates the preparation of reports, environmental impact studies and assessments, project cost estimates and reimbursement billings for capital projects.
- Works in close coordination with, and serves as a technical resource for, the District operations and maintenance staff.
Occasional duties in the field require walking, twisting, balancing, and involve exposure to inclement weather, noise, and slippery and/or uneven terrain.
This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday:
- Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended.
- This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the Clackamas County Teleworking Policy and based on the Department’s business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
How to apply:
For full job description and to apply please visit our website: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=106880&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant