Salary: $71,07.17 – 96,163.23 DOQ
Location: Clackamas, OR
Are you a confident leader who tends to “take charge” while remaining “calm under pressure”? Do you quickly assess, diffuse and make the best possible decisions in the midst of a crisis or chaotic situation? Do you get along well with others in working toward common goals and objectives ? If so, we are looking for YOU!
Clackamas River Water has earned a reputation for providing high-quality drinking water to over 100,000 retail and wholesale customers. We are offering an excellent opportunity for you be part of a sustainable organization by joining our team - well known for providing the community we serve with exceptional quality water and service. Our values for Quality Water | Customer Service | Financial Accountability | Responsible Stewardship govern what we do in serving our customers, the public and our surrounding community.
The Emergency Manager oversees the development and implementation of the District’s all-hazards emergency preparedness program and serves as the District’s Safety Coordinator by performing the following:
- Assess hazards, prepare and update emergency plans. Respond to and guide recovery from emergencies and disasters to help mitigate risk and hazards toward developing a resilient water utility.
- Coordinate with other government agencies and community stakeholders regarding emergency planning, sharing of resources and equipment to facilitate all phases of emergency preparedness.
- Organize and oversee emergency response training and exercises for staff.
- Analyze and prepare damage assessments, after action reports and provide follow-up after disasters or emergencies.
- Help ensure emergency plans are sufficient, revising as necessary. Maintain facilities used for emergency operations.
- Apply for federal and state funding for emergency preparedness, response and recovery. Report on the use of funds allocated.
- Oversee the Safety and Health Program and partner with senior management to create a District-wide safety culture free from accidents, and implementing safety and security programs that help protect employees and assets.
To qualify, a bachelor’s degree in emergency management or related field and 3-5 yrs. progressive experience in emergency or crisis management, public safety, military, or other related experience; and, overseeing OSHA safety and health programs is required. Relevant certifications, training or additional experience may substitute for some of the educational requirements, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.
ABILITY AND SKILLS:
Exceptional leadership; clear, effective oral and written communication to various audiences; quick and effective decisions under pressure and excellent analytical skills.
This position is safety-sensitive; you must be able to meet physical standards and pass a specialized physical exam prior to hire date. A valid driver’s license and occasional overtime is required.
Applications Accepted: Until June 23rd, 2021 CRW offers a comprehensive benefits package such medical, dental, vision, basic life, long-term disability coverage and retirement plans including Oregon’s public employees’ retirement system (PERS).
Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to require a criminal/civil background and driving record check, and, a drug and alcohol screen for safety-sensitive positions as a condition of employment.
How to Apply: To view the full job announcement visit our website at www.crwater.com under “About Us” and click on “Job Opportunities”.