We are able to offer members participating in the Workers’ Compensation program better rates than are typically available anywhere else. Because the program is a self-insured risk pool, members realize that controlling claims costs not only benefits their own rates, but those of all the other members. Underwriting is on a selective basis, and members must commit to an aggressive safety and return-to-work program. The following are some of the key features:
- Up to $3 Million Employer’s Liability Coverage Available
- District Employees Covered
- Coverage for Board Members (Optional)
- Early Return-to-Work Program Assistance
- Medical Expense Reimbursement Deductible (Optional)
- Preferred Worker Assistance
- Employer-at-Injury Payroll Refund Assistance
- Custom Loss Control Reports
- Experienced and Dedicated Claims Adjusters
First Fill Coverage up to $1,000
Payment of the first prescription is guaranteed even if the claim is denied. This benefit allows an injured employee to secure a necessary prescription without incurring any out-of-pocket expenses or experiencing delays in receiving medication due to pharmacy pre-authorization requests.
Family Support Coverage up to $10,000
- Surgery: Provides for limited expenses to cover the costs of lodging, food, and transportation of immediate family members of an injured employee undergoing an approved surgery. When an employee is injured on the job, one of the most important criteria for successful recovery is the support of family. This coverage allows the employee’s family to fully participate in the employee’s treatment.
- Catastrophic: Provides for limited expenses to cover the costs of lodging, food, and transportation for immediate family members of a catastrophically injured employee. Catastrophic injuries are those most serious injuries which may involve extensive hospitalizations, multiple surgeries, and many months of recovery. Employees may even have to travel out of their geographical area to obtain the best available treatment. Employees with injuries of this severity require family support more than ever. Families do not need the extra burden of financial worries when they need to focus on helping their loved one recover. Whether outpatient surgery or complex medical treatment, Family Support Coverage takes on these additional expenses so that the employee can focus their energies on recovery and eventual return to work.
Criminal defense cost coverage up to $250,000
Provides up to $250,000 in criminal defense costs for unintended negligence as a result of an injured employee. The criminal charges must be brought against a participant while acting in the course and scope of their duties. For example, if an employee or patron is injured as a result of the negligence of a covered employee, there is a personal criminal exposure which is not covered by general liability insurance. If the District Attorney chooses to criminally charge the staff member, this coverage is in place to help defray the defense costs associated with this potentially devastating personal legal exposure.
OSHA defense cost coverage up to $10,000
Provides up to $5,000 for OSHA defense cost coverage associated with the defense from OSHA enforcement proceedings. This additional benefit is only meant to help the district obtain legal assistance with those violations that they feel are wrong or improperly applied to their district.
HIPAA Defense cost coverage up to $10,000 (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
Provides up to $5,000 for HIPAA related defense cost coverage associated with the defense from alleged HIPAA violations. The Office of Civil Rights may receive a complaint from the public or an employee costing you valuable time and money. This coverage helps you defray those costs while allowing you the opportunity to make any necessary corrections and limit your future liability.
- Retrospected Rated Plans