Location: Maupin, OR
Application Deadline: February 29th, 2024
Salary Range: $70,000
Benefits: Benefits include paid employee health insurance (with option to add family at employee’s expense), 38 hours Paid Time Off (PTO) per year, 7 paid holidays and 1 paid personal day per year. $1,000 reimbursement for dental and vision care received at clinic or elsewhere. Enrollment in Oregon Saves retirement plan.
The White River Health District is in rural South Wasco County in the high desert of North Central Oregon, and the Deschutes Rim Health Clinic is in Maupin, overlooking the Wild & Scenic Lower Deschutes River. This small community is celebrated for superb whitewater rafting and world-class fishing, located only 45 minutes south of The Dalles on Hwy 197. Maupin and surrounding areas and communities offer scenic cycling routes, hiking trails, upland bird and big game hunting and are close to Mt Hood National Forest for hiking and skiing and the Lower White River Wilderness. The South Wasco School District (also in Maupin) encompasses one grade school, middle school and high school and has a world class running track and soon to come athletic complex. The Maupin area boasts high speed internet and is a short drive to the urban areas of Bend and Portland.
The White River Health District was established by the citizens of South Wasco County in 2001 to establish a taxing base for operations of a health clinic in Maupin, OR for the benefit of residents in South Wasco County. The Deschutes Rim Health (and Dental) Clinic is the business arm of the Health District and provides health and dental care services to residents in the surrounding area. Under the supervision of a Board of Directors, the District Manager is responsible for overall management and administration of all district and clinic operations. The District Manager will work collaboratively with the Clinic Director and Board Chair in carrying out district management responsibilities and duties.
· Lead contract for all district related requirements and responsibilities in conjunction with Special Districts Association of Oregon (SDAO).
· Works with the Board on development of long-range strategic plans and short-range goals; assists Clinic and Board on achievement of goals.
· Coordinates all aspects of Board of Directors meetings and works closely with the Board on District issues.
· Represents District/Clinic in communication with local, County, State and Federal agencies and is responsible for developing marketing materials. Serves as lead entity for all district-related issues.
· Develops and manages contracts and agreements related to operations of District.
· Provides oversight of clinic inventory and asset management.
· Responsible for annual budget development, budget tracking, and auditing requirements.
· Oversees management of District tax funds via the Local Government Investment Pool and leads campaign for Local Option Tax Levy.
· Coordinates with Clinic Director on development and revisions of policies and procedures, protocols, and standard operating procedures.
· Coordinates with Clinic Director in the recruitment, training, and overall supervision of clinic staff.
· Coordinates with Clinic Director to achieve patient-centered care goals and develop new services such as a School-Based Health Clinic and attain Rural Health Clinic certification.
The Ideal Candidate
· Strong interpersonal communication, oral and writing skills
· Strong managerial, administrative and personnel management skills
· Experience in healthcare organizations
· Experience in district or high-level management in an organization
· Skill in problem solving and critical thinking.
· Experience in budgeting / budget development
· Strong initiative and ability to use good judgement in difficult situations.
· Ability to actively network and collaborate with others.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
· Three+ years of experience in a health care organization with related duties and responsibilities; or related organization.
· Oregon’s Driver’s License
· HIPAA training
· Must be Bondable
Selection Process Timeline
(Dates subject to change)
Recruitment Period Opens: February 1, 2024
Recruitment Period Closes: February 29, 2024
Tentative Start Date: March 25, 2024
To review the full job announcement and job description and to complete the application please see this link: https://www.sdao.com/classifieds. To be considered as a candidate, please submit a completed and signed application, resume, and cover letter to the address or email listed below. Electronic submission is preferred.
Attn. Suzanne Knapp, Board Chair
White River Health District – District Manager
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Additional information about White River Health District can be found at https://alara980.wixsite.com/wrhd.