Salary: $20.54 - $23.27 DOE
Location: Forest Grove, OR
Job Summary: Operate, maintain, and repair irrigation systems & District facilities
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with and report to District Irrigation Superintendent
- Turn irrigation systems on and off as designated
- Repair and replace irrigation valves and meters
- Repair and replace irrigation pipelines
- Assist in various maintenance activities as required
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety
- Perform landscaping and weed maintenance as required
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to interpret maps and aerial imagery
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a crew
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, supervisors, outside contractors, and the public
- Interact with and strive to maintain good working relationships with water users
- Ability to operate motor vehicles, machines, and tools safely and in conformance with applicable laws, regulations, and District policies
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; at least one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with clean, safe driving record.
Special Job Requirements:
- Employee must live within (20) minutes of District facilities (Forest Grove, OR).
- Employee required to take off-hours emergency call-outs (including weekends)
one week per month.
· Maintain CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications as applicable.
Pay and Benefits:
· Starting wage: $20.54 - $23.27 DOE
· Benefits: Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), District contribution to Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), 10 paid holidays/year, 12-20 days paid vacation/year (based on tenure), 12 days paid sick leave/year, District vehicle.
A full job description and application can be found at https://www.tvid.org/
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates must submit their application, resume, cover letter, and a listing of at least three (3) references via one pdf file to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.