Salary: $17.81 – 23.69 DOE
Location: Forest Grove, OR
Duties, responsibilities, and competencies:
- Work closely with and report to District Irrigation Superintendent.
- Turn irrigation systems on and off as designated.
- Repair and replace irrigation valves and meters.
- Repair and replace irrigation pipelines.
- Assist in various maintenance activities as required.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Perform landscaping and weed maintenance as required.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to accurately read and record totalizing flow meter data.
- Ability to interpret maps and aerial imagery.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a crew.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, supervisors, outside contractors, and the public.
- Interact with and strive to maintain good working relationships with water users.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles, machines, and tools safely and in conformance with applicable laws, regulations, and District policies.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; at least one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with clean, safe driving record.
Special Job Requirements:
- Employee must live within (20) minutes of District facilities (Forest Grove, OR).
- Employee required to take off-hours emergency call-outs (including weekends) one week per month.
- Maintain CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications as applicable.
To view full job announcement visit our website at: http://www.tvid.org
Application deadline: Open until fille