Location: Tigard, OR
Application deadline: 8/28/2022
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to use your skill and knowledge in Records Management? Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is a special district encompassing nine cities and four counties. You can make an impact by supporting the overall TVF&R mission as the Records Specialist by carrying out the District’s records management program responding to public records requests and providing training to District personnel in records management and patient privacy policies.
Details on what the ideal candidate brings to the team and our benefits information can be found in the recruitment flyer.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and the posting may close without notice.
Example of Duties
Duties for the Records Specialist include:
- RESPONDS TO RECORDS REQUESTS: Serves as the primary point of contact for receiving and processing public records requests, coordinates the retrieval of information, and addresses routine questions or problems as necessary.
- INTERVIEW SUPPORT: Fields requests to interview District personnel, secures interview questions, and receives approval of questions from appropriate District officer.
- TRAINING: Provides public records and HIPAA compliance training to all District personnel; develops training materials to meet users’ needs.
- RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Maintains and operates a records management software application involving the tracking of individual documents, files and storage boxes.
- INCIDENT RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Conducts quality assurance reviews and audits to ensure accuracy of data collected via the District’s electronic incident records management system.
- SUPPORT TO DEPARTMENTS: Responds to research requests from District staff. Searches and reviews records to retrieve information and files.
For complete information about this position, please review the job description.
Two years of experience with records management, preferably in the public sector and involving patient privacy.
- Intermediate knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations and court decisions governing records management and public meetings, including Oregon Public Records law, relevant exemptions, HIPAA, and other confidentiality mandates is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of professional records management theories, principles, practices, and procedures, including those related to the organization, classification, use, maintenance, reproduction, security, confidentiality, storage, access/discovery, retention, and destruction processes of all records (electronic and paper-based).
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic records, including current trends, tools, best practices, policy development, systems analysis and systems development concepts; and common issues associated with electronic records, including database storage methods, extraction, media, and security.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions in highly sensitive situations.
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain records management principles and practices and patient privacy concerns to a variety of audiences.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and the posting may close without notice when a sufficient number of qualified candidates are received.
The monthly salary range within a step system for this position is $4,660 - $6,305 per month.
The starting pay assignment, based on a candidate's bona fide factor analysis in accordance with the District's pay equity system and the Oregon Equal Pay Act and will be in the range of $4,660- $5,587 per month. The maximum of $6,305 can be attained after five years contingent on performance.
TVF&R evaluates each applicant's work history and responses to supplemental questions. Please be sure to thoroughly answer the application's supplemental questions to ensure our subject matter experts can appropriately evaluate your experience and qualifications. To reduce barriers to entry, TVF&R evaluates an applicant's work history and responses to these supplemental questions rather than requiring cover letters and resumes.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tvfr/jobs/3671960/records-specialist?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
It is the District's policy to provide eligible veterans with preference as required by law. Applicants must provide certification of eligibility for entitlement to the preference (e.g. DD-214 long form clearly showing discharge status) with the application submission by the closing date of the posting.
The location for this position is the Command and Business Operations Center, located in Tigard, OR.
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue strives to provide exceptional internal and external customer service. To ensure a collaborative and supportive environment with both the public we serve and our coworkers, employees perform their work on-site at the assigned work location.
TVF&R is an equal employment opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, profession, and high-performance service.