Salary: $28- $38/hour
Location: Happy Valley, OR
GIS/Technical Specialist (Full Time)
Engineering/Technical Services Salary Range: $28-38/hr
Sunrise Water Authority (Sunrise) is now accepting applications for a GIS/Technical Specialist. Sunrise is a public water utility with an excellent reputation for providing safe, reliable water service to approximately 50,000 people in Happy Valley and surrounding areas of unincorporated Clackamas County. We seek confident, hardworking people who embody Sunrise’s core values including teamwork and excellence. Sunrise offers an exciting opportunity to work in a professional and supportive atmosphere with excellent compensation and benefits. You’ll be part of a team dedicated to serving our customers and the public at large.
· Assist with data gathering and compilation; mapping, and data analysis
· Manage geospatial datasets and data quality control
· Maintain and update reference layers, maps, and workflows
· Edit topology and support a geometric network
· Work with High Accuracy GNSS data collection and Trimble GPS hardware and software
· Manage ESRI enterprise software and implementing ArcGIS solutions
· Assist with creating and maintaining web-based GIS applications
· Assist with creating solutions utilizing ESRI mobile applications
· Manage and prepare field forms and applications using Survey 123 and Arc Field Map
· Work with field operations crews and asset management team
· Perform other projects and related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or other related field and at least two (2) years of experience working with ESRI's ArcGIS v10.xx platform and related applications, or equivalent level of education, training and experience (e.g. Associates Degree plus 4 or more years of experience).
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate has 2-4 years working in a utility asset management program. Experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and ESRI Utility Network Manager, along with Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL programming and Python scripting.
Sunrise offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, along with participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). For more information about benefits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A completed Sunrise Water Authority application;
2. Your resume;
3. Your cover letter or statement of interest.
Sunrise Water Authority is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.