Location: Yachats, OR
The SWLCWPUD seeks an experienced water services professional to plan, direct, administer and generally oversee an Oregon Level 2 public water district on the Oregon coast between the cities of Waldport and Yachats. The district consists of two water treatment plants, several storage tanks, two operations sites, extensive piping, hydrants, emergency generation systems and more. Water is sourced from several intakes on US Forest Service land.
This is a full-time exempt Direct Responsible Charge working position (OAR 333-061-225). The Salary is negotiable and includes an excellent benefit package. The position reports to a 5 person Board of Directors. The operating budget is approximately $1.2 million and serves 1,300 plus residential, commercial and government customers.
You will supervise 5 full time field and office personnel, direct and oversee all operations and implement the 20-Year Master Plan, among other items. Experience in grant-writing and outside funding opportunities is a major asset..
- Associates degree in Water Technologies Engineering or related discipline
- Oregon Water Authority (OWA) Water Treatment 2 and Water Distribution 2 Certifications with Filtration Endorsement or equivalent, or acquire within 120 days
- Cross Connection Specialist Certification (desired within 1 year)
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience of water supply operations
- Oregon Driver’s License (with good record)
- Good communication skills and computer literacy
- Some physical demands related to water plant and field operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Technologies Engineering or related discipline
- Grant writing experience
- Master Plan Implementation experience
2. Include and send a 1) cover letter, 2) resume of current and past work, 3) education, and 4) the application form by mail to:
Board of Directors OR
PO Box 368
Waldport OR 97394
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Questions? Call 541-547-3315, 8 AM - 4 PM PDT, M-F or email email@example.com.
4. This position is available now and will be open until filled.
5. Veterans preference will apply. The SWLCWPUD is an equal opportunity non-discriminatory employer.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.