Salary: $20.50 - $29.43
Location: Klamath Falls, OR
The District is seeking a hard-working candidate with good analytical skills to be part of a specialized and dynamic team to serve the public. This important position is critical to maintaining and supporting local public health and environmental standards. Under the supervision of the Wastewater Treatment Supervisor and Collection System Supervisor, the successful candidate will perform the daily operation and maintenance of the District wastewater treatment facility and collection system, including laboratory analysis and process control operation, responding to District after-hours emergencies, wastewater collections system maintenance, and system monitoring and construction activities as needed. The position requires performing basic mathematics, using appropriate safety procedures, logging and documenting operations daily, reading meters and gauges, making process adjustments, operating pumps and other wastewater equipment, keeping equipment and buildings clean, operating Class B vehicles, heavy equipment, and sewer cleaning and televising equipment, and performing standby, holiday/weekend duty when rotation dictates. Standby duty is required approximately one week every 3-6 weeks depending on District needs.
Minimum qualifications: A high school diploma or GED and a valid class C driver’s license, Oregon class B commercial driver’s license with tank endorsement within 6 months of hire, Oregon Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification Grade I within 18 months of hire, Oregon Wastewater Collections System Operator Certification Grade I within 18 months of hire, completed training in Cave-in Protection (competent person) and Confined Space within 6 months of hire, and possession of First Aid and Flagging certifications within 6 months of hire.
This is a safety sensitive position; successful candidate must pass a reference check, criminal background screen, preemployment drug screen and physical medical exam.
Compensation: As of July 1, 2021: $19.51 per hour as an operator in training. $20.50 – $29.43 if currently or after successful certification between grades 1-3 in Wastewater Collection Systems depending on grade level, and $21.63 - $33.64 if currently or after successful certification between grades 1-3 in Wastewater Treatment (in addition to Collection System certification) depending on grade level. On-call Standby Duty stipend of $310.92/week.
The successful candidate will be eligible for employment benefits as outlined in District Policies and subject to the terms of applicable benefit plans included, but not limited to:
Health, Wellness, and Education:
- Regence Blue Cross PPO 100% premium paid with $2,500 - $5,000 deductible reimbursement depending on plan
- Vision, Dental, and life insurance 100% premium paid
- District paid gym membership, Safety Awards Gift Cards, and EAP Counseling services
- Education reimbursement and training based on District needs
- Oregon Pers Retirement System: IAP 5.25% pre-tax contribution paid by employee and OPSRP pension plan paid by District after 0.75% pretax employee contribution
- Optional Deferred Compensation 457 (pre-tax) retirement plan
- 40 hours paid vacation awarded after 6 months of hire; 80 hours vacation awarded annually upon employment anniversary
- 20 hours personal business leave awarded annually upon employment anniversary, and optional conversion of overtime to comp-time
- Paid sick time accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month (96 hrs/year)
Applicants have two options to apply for this position: (We DO NOT accept resumes in lieu of an application.)
- Pick up an application packet (8am – 4 pm, M-F) from the Receptionist at the District Office at 2201 Laverne Avenue, Klamath Falls, OR 97603, or
- Download the application packet from the District web page at www.sssd.org,
Application may be submitted by:
- Mailing or delivering the application materials to:
Director of Administrative Services
2201 Laverne Avenue
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
- Fax application materials to: Director of Administrative Services at 541.882.5013
- E-mail application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Cindy Oden at 541-882-5744.
The District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Veteran’s preference available