Silverton Fire District - Lieutenant Training and Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Silverton OR
This position serves as the assistant to the Training Officer and the Volunteer Coordinator for the Fire District. This position also responds to aid the community during emergency and non-emergency situations and promotes an environment of public safety within the Silverton Fire District’s response area. This position provides direct and indirect support to the volunteer membership which is critical to our mission statement. This position may supervise personnel as described in the Fire District Handbook; Chain-of-Command. Essential functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
• Assists the Training Officer with all aspects of the training program;
• Develops and implements training practical, classroom and online learning;
• Coordinates volunteer recruitment activities and assigns these tasks as needed to other career and/or volunteer members as directed.
• Responds as a firefighter/EMT to various calls for service
• Participates in training activities and instruction sessions;
• Performs various public information or education tasks;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with Fire District policies and procedures;
• Follows Fire District safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Chief or Fire Chief.
How to apply:
You can find the Silverton Fire Districts applications and this positions job description at www.Silvertonfire.com . Submit a completed application packet by 5:00 pm on June 15th, 2023. The following documents must be included: • Cover Letter • Resume • Completed and singed Silverton Fire District application • Veterans Preference Form and DD-214 / DD2-215 if applicable (Veterans only). • Copy of educational degrees or training certificates Application packets may be submitted in person or via email. • In Person: Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. 819 Rail Way Ave. Silverton, OR. 97381. • Via Email: email@example.com Application packets must be submitted by June 15th at 5:00 pm, late packets will not be considered. For additional information or questions, please call Deputy Chief Keith Veit at (503) 873-5328 during normal business hours.