Salary: $48,000 - $52,000
Location: Sandy, OR
General Position Summary
The Bookkeeper/Financial Analyst provides financial and resource planning support across all divisions of the fire district. Work involves responsibility for coordinating and performing all bookkeeping functions for the Fire District. The Bookkeeper/Financial Analyst works with the operating budget, forecasting and long-term work goals. In addition, work requires the exercise of initiative, independent judgment, discretion in screening calls, visitors, and mail, answering and disposing of requests for information and in general, public relations activities. Work is reviewed for the achievement of desired results and adherence to established policies and procedures. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Office Manager.
Full-Time / Exempt Position
Salary Range: $ 48,000 – 52,000 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: Competitive benefit program that includes, PERS retirement, family health insurance, health reimbursement account, long-term disability, life insurance, paid sick, vacation, and holidays.
Education & Experience Required for Position
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, & Microsoft Office Suite, Specifically Excel.
- Associates Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years in finance and/or accounting in roles involving strategic, complex and accountability in a business or fire department administration or related field.
- Experience in governmental / fund accounting
- Must be bondable and insurable for fiscal responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for coordinating and performing all bookkeeping functions for the District including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fees for service invoicing and collections.
- Performs accounting tasks necessary to submit and process payroll with payroll service and monitors preparation and distribution of state and federal reports, payroll deduction payments, and employee W-2’s and Vendor 1099’s.
- Oversees financial operations, computes and prepares financial reports, reconciles records for bank statements, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Provides analysis and projections to the District leadership for collective bargaining or employee compensation packages.
- Prepares for and directly assists with annual audit.
- Utilizes fixed asset inventory to prepare and maintain the capital improvement plan and forecasts. Including preparing and maintaining RFP bids.
- Works with management and staff across the organization to develop, update, and implement administrative policies, investment policies or any policies and procedures pertaining to financial operations and activities.
- Develops and implements internal control systems and procedures to reduce the potential for errors, omissions, and fraud.
- Maintains a variety of files, both of routine and confidential nature, files and retrieves items, and modifies or sets up new systems as necessary.
- Assists employees with human resources relating to financial operations.
- Forecasts cash flow and revenue for the fiscal year and assists with preparation of annual budget.
- Emphasizes accountability and transparency when performing any financial functions for the District.
- Develops and maintains short and long-range financial goals and strategies for the District.
- Assists with volunteer reimbursement as it relates to financial operations and submission to payroll service.
- Performs minor administrative tasks at the discretion of the Fire Chief and the Board of Directors relating to the financial operations.
- Answers questions, refers inquiries and provides information and assistance to a variety of people, both on the telephone and in person.
This listing of “Examples of Work Performed” is intended to describe the principal functions of the job description. The listing of examples, however, shall not be construed as a complete listing of miscellaneous, incidental or substantively similar duties which may be assigned during the normal operation of the District.
For an application packet please visit our website at https://sandyfire.org/join-sandy-fire/