Salary: 70,000.00 - $90,000.00 plus benefits
Location: Arlington, OR
Opening Date: December 16, 2021
Closing Date: January 21, 2022
Desirable Starting Date: March 14, 2022
Become our new leader and join the Port of Arlington team in beautiful Gilliam County, Oregon, located alongside the mighty Columbia River.
The Port of Arlington is an oasis for business, industry and, water lovers and, we are accepting applications for a full-time Executive Director. This position functions as the chief executive officer of the Port of Arlington. Responsibilities include implementing policies set by the Port Commission, hiring and supervising all Port staff, marketing, supervising Port facilities' development and operations, including a marina and RV park, property management, and community relations. In addition, this position works directly with elected officials, port staff, and the public.
The Port of Arlington's mission is to support the creation, retention, expansion, and recruitment of businesses within Gilliam County. We strive to create jobs that will enhance our communities' economy and quality of life. The Port provides developed industrial property, technical assistance, financial resources and, other services to businesses relocating to Gilliam County.
To learn more about the Port of Arlington: https://www.portofarlington.com/arlington.html
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the following qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability in an executive leadership position (Executive Director/CEO/GM, CFO, Director of Finance/COO/Director of Operations)
· Experience in working with and or reporting to a publicly appointed Board of Commissioners
· At least six years’ experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following:
- Success in a senior leadership role in a complex public-facing operation, including staff management.
- Development and implementation of strategic long and short-range goals for an organization.
- Budget preparation and familiarity with Oregon Budget Law.
- Contract and lease negotiations.
- Demonstratable skills in networking, collaboration, and building relationships with community leaders, stakeholders, and elected officials,
- Facilitating legal matters with attorneys and risk managers.
- Emergency Management experience, or ICS training
· Obtained a college degree in one of the following areas: business administration; public administration; finance, or a related field of study
· 3 years' experience in a general manager or director role.
· Experience in the operations of a public port or similar municipality.
· Successful Strategic Business Plan and Capital Facilities Plan implementation.
· Economic development experience.
· Public finance and budget knowledge.
· Property and facility management best practices.
· Oversight of complex engineering and construction projects.
· Knowledge of industrial parks, marinas and boatyards and RV Parks, and logistics and supply chain management.
· Governmental ethics and standards.
Full Position Desription: Click Here
Position Application: Click Here
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Port of Arlington
Executive Director Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022