Salary: $29.00 to $37.00/hour
Location: Oregon City, OR
District: North Clackamas County Water Commission
Position Title: Water Treatment Plant Operator
Application deadline: Open Until Filled
The North Clackamas County Water Commission (NCCWC) owns and operates a 20 million gallon per day potable drinking water plant located along the Clackamas River in Oregon City, Oregon. The plant consists of combined slow sand and membrane filtration treatment, serving wholesale water to Oak Lodge Water Services, Sunrise Water Authority, and the City of Gladstone (a total population of 90,000 customers). The plant is normally staffed by three (3) full-time operators who cover operations 24-hour a day, 365 days a year through a combination of on-site and remote work assignments via Scada. The NCCWC is seeking an experienced Water Treatment Operator for a permanent, full-time Water Treatment Plant Operator position. This individual will serve as part of the regular plant staff and be responsible for its daily operation, including maintenance and repair of various mechanical and hydraulic systems (e.g., pipes, pumps, blowers, filters, air compressors and other equipment); water quality testing and reporting.
The job also requires the person to conduct basic water quality sampling and testing related to plant operations and required water quality monitoring and reporting.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Currently possess an Oregon Level 2 Water Treatment Operator certification (or higher) and have at least 3 years experience working in water treatment plants.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing and establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, customers, and staff.
- Proficient in data entry, data gathering, and reporting information frequently using MS Office suite and database applications.
- Ability to work alternate shifts, perform physically demanding tasks (lift at least 50 lbs) in both indoor and outdoor environments under adverse weather conditions.
- A valid Oregon driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- All applicants must also successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening and background check prior to employment
How to apply: