Location: Gold Beach, OR
This is a salaried position. Starting pay will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. The starting salary for a well-qualified candidate is anticipated to be between $54,000 to $62,000, annually. Increases to salary may be negotiated with the NBOWD Board of Directors after incumbent demonstrates ability to fulfill all position responsibilities.
As soon as possible
- Directly responsible for operation, maintenance and budget tracking of the Nesika Beach Ophir Water District. District system equipment includes pumps, distribution lines, water meters, storage tanks, water treatment equipment, vehicles and buildings.
- Manager is responsible for conducting all state required water quality testing and prepares/submits reports typically associated with operation of a drinking water district.
- Responsible for monthly water meter readings and billing of customers.
- Supervises assistant operators and an office manager.
- Interacts with customers and regulatory agencies in a manner which fosters good relations.
This position of NBOWD District Manager is not one of supervision only and when necessary, the incumbent is expected to be fully engaged in field activities conducted by District staff. Typical field activities may include digging, lifting, walking and other physical work in a variety of weather conditions. In addition, the nature of this job sometimes requires after hours or weekend work for emergency response. Being on call is a condition of employment. The state of Oregon requires NBOWD to have an official in direct responsible control (DRC) that has certification as a Water Distribution Specialist 1 and Water Treatment Specialist 1. Consideration may be given to a candidate that possesses the knowledge and experience necessary to efficiently operate and maintain the water district but who does not yet have the above certifications. In this circumstance, NBOWD would provide support for training to acquire the necessary certifications. In addition, the manager must have a valid Oregon driver’s license and good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal standards, laws and regulations related to operating a drinking water system.
- Mechanical, carpentry, electrical and plumbing experience necessary to operate, maintain and improve the water district infrastructure.
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure accurate and timely water billing.
- Experience in grant application processes is desired.
- Computer skills including experience using MS Word, Excel, and UBMax system for billing are desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as this position directly interfaces with the public.
How to apply:
Call, email or come visit us at, 32876 Nesika Rd. Gold Beach, Oregon. You could also send applications to, NBOWD, P O Box 39 Ophir, OR 97464