Salary: $51,000 - $61,000
Location: Nehalem, OR
The district is located just north of the city of Manzanita on the north Oregon coast and comprises nearly 400 single family homes. The General Manager works with a staff of one certified system operator and reports to a board of 5 elected commissioners.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience managing a Water Utility and Employees.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four year college or university in business, public administration or related fields or a combination of a relevant 2 year degree with relevant work experience.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and financial reports and legal documents. Must be able to write reports and effectively present information to employees, public groups and the Board of Commissioners.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies and members of the business community.
- Must be experienced with the latest versions of Microsoft Word and Excel, Intuit QuickBooks Pro, and SCADA systems for the purposes of gathering, analyzing, reporting and archiving water and financial data.
- Must have the ability to apply simple math concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics and the ability to work with and convert units of volume, flow, pressure and rates.
- Preference will be given to applicants having experience with Oregon special districts and holding current Oregon level one Water Treatment and Distribution certificates.
(Education and experience requirements are minimum standards. Other combinations of education, training and experience may be considered. Please see complete list of minimum education and experience required in the Job Description)
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, addressing why you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, a resume, and an application by February 26, 2021 to:
Neahkahnie Water District Attn: Bob Joseph
9155 Nehalem Road
Nehalem, Oregon 97131
Application Deadline: February 26th, 2021 at 5pmNeahkahnie Water District Employment Application.docx