Location: Portland, Oregon
Hourly: $16.50 - $22.50 (DOE)
About the Position: The O&M Assistant will perform a variety of tasks independently and in collaboration with MCDD Operations Team to support the annual maintenance of flood control infrastructure along the Columbia River in Multnomah County through the summer of 2020. This includes operating vehicles and heavy-duty equipment such as trucks and trailers, herbicide spray tanks, and hydro-seeders; servicing and conducting minor repairs to tools and equipment; working on manual labor tasks with small equipment and hand tools, performing building maintenance and application of herbicides; and completing paperwork associated with different administrative tasks. . The position reports to the Crew Leader.
About MCDD: MCDD helps protect lives and property from flooding by operating and maintaining stormwater and flood management systems for nearly 13,000 acres of land along the Columbia Slough and the lower Columbia River. Through intergovernmental agreements, MCDD manages three other drainage districts in Multnomah County (Peninsula Drainage District #1, Peninsula Drainage District #2, and Sandy Drainage Improvement Company). Together, the four districts maintain a 27-mile levee system and a series of pumps, pipes, flow control structures, and conveyance channels to manage stormwater within sections of the Columbia Slough watershed area. Our mission is “to enhance community safety and support the region’s vitality by maintaining our levee system, managing drainage, and responding to emergencies.”
Although our mission is what brings all of us together, there is much more than meets the eye when you work for MCDD. With a comprehensive benefits package and access to an agency culture like no other, we are a group that looks forward to coming to work every day.
• Valid class “C” state driver’s license
• Work outdoors for extended periods under unfavorable conditions
• Work on steep and uneven ground
• Must show up to work regularly and on time
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds and maneuver 50 pounds
• Ability to operate basic power tools
• Construction site safety awareness
• Ability to operate work boat with outboard motor
• Requires 0-5 years related experience
Read the full job description here.
Please submit the following, in PDF form, via our Smartsheet link found here: mcdd.org/employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A complete packet will include:
• Cover letter or interest statement (Your cover letter or interest statement should address your ability to meet the minimum requirements and please include any preferred qualifications)
• Reference sheet (minimum of 2 professional references)
Application deadline: First review is May 15, 2020. Position open until filled.