Salary: $26.44 - $36.08 per hour + Benefits.
Location: Salem, OR
Safe Route to School Coordinator – Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments.
SALARY: $26.44 - $36.08 per hour + Benefits. T
he Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program is a federally funded program that is designed to encourage school children to walk, scooter, skateboard and/or bike to school safely. Ideal candidate will be an individual that is energetic; enjoys teaching children; can organize a program, manage a budget, and supervise a program assistant; and can interact successfully with the community, school staff and public agency staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Creates an annual work plan of events.
- Coordinates and implements pedestrian and bicycle safety education classes
- Organizes and implements encouragement events and activities
- Works with school staff and volunteers on SRTS curriculum and encouragement activities.
- Collaborates and coordinates with School District staff in branding, design and distribution of materials
- Develops “suggested route to school” maps.
- Coordinates with city transportation engineers, planners, and school officials on identifying infrastructure needs to make walking and biking routes as safe as possible.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; OR two years of experience in program coordinator in SRTS, transportation planning or related field; OR any satisfactory combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties. A valid driver license is required.
DESIREABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with bilingual students and families. Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly desirable.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check administered by Salem Keizer Public Schools.
How to apply:
For a complete job description and application process, please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mwvcog/.