Salary: $4,074-$5,093, monthly
Location: Salem, OR
May 20, 2022
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This position responds to calls for basic and advanced life support emergency medical services, mass casualty and man-made/natural disasters, rescues and other incidents. Paramedics assist in emergency medical services training and education; and operate District vehicles and EMS apparatus, specialized equipment, and tools. These positions assist in the routine maintenance and inspection of the ambulance, equipment, and tools; and participate in the cleaning and maintenance of the Fire District. Maintains facilities and equipment and performs other duties as assigned. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; understand and follow oral and written instructions; make good judgments, issue appropriate orders and act appropriately and calmly in emergency situations; perform strenuous activities under hazardous and dangerous circumstances; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, volunteers and the general public; instruct others in areas of expertise; prepare complete, accurate reports using English grammar, spelling, and mathematics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Preference will be given for applicants with an Associate Degree in Paramedicine; OR, if other relevant higher education degrees are obtained and submitted, the Fire Chief or his designee will review and evaluate educational achievements consistent with the job description for approval in lieu of the Associates Degree in Paramedicine; OR, any combination of work experience and certifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities) relevant to the position as determined by the Fire Chief or his designee.
1. NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Driver) or current/active historically recognized equivalent or EVOC course completion and completion of NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Driver) certification within 1 year of appointment.
2. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver license within 90 days.
3. Must be Oregon EMT, Oregon EMT Intermediate or Advanced, or Oregon Paramedic or ability to obtain Oregon reciprocity within 90 days of hire. EMT’s must maintain Oregon certification, at least to the level of certification at time of application, as a condition of employment for this position.
How to apply:
An official Marion County Fire District #1 application must be submitted along with a cover letter and resume, and copies of both required and desired education or certifications.
• Submissions must be emailed, mailed or hand delivered to MCFD1 Fire Administration at 300 Cordon Road, Salem, OR. Applications are available at https://www.mcfd1.com/employment/ or by email request to email@example.com.
*Failure to include any of the required documentation will result in rejection of your application.
**Failure to include copies for any of the desired education, qualifications, or certifications will result in a forfeiture of additional points awarded for these desired aspects.