Salary: $4,987.04-$6,233.80 per hour
Location: Salem, OR
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Marion County Fire District No. 1 is accepting applications to fill immediate openings, as well as to establish a hiring list for the position of Single Role Paramedic.
This position is a full-time position assigned to a 48/96-hour work schedule at an assigned station on an ALS ambulance and includes a benefit package including PERS/OPSRP retirement plan and health care. While the minimum qualification includes Oregon certification as a Paramedic, applicants with field experience will be given preference. Please refer to the job description for further information.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED
• Possession of Oregon driver license, or out of state license with ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver license within 90 days (do not include copy with your application; number only is appreciated).
• NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Driver) or current/active historically recognized equivalent or EVOC course completion and completion of NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Driver) certification within 1 year of appointment
• Oregon Paramedic or Pending Certification for testing (must show testing dates)
If no Oregon certification, must have other state or national certification with ability to obtain Oregon reciprocity within 90 days of hire.
• Preference will be given for applicants with an Associate Degree in Paramedicine;
(Or, if other relevant higher education degrees are obtained and submitted, the Fire Chief or his designee will review and evaluate educational achievements consistent with the job description for approval in lieu of the Associates Degree in Paramedicine; OR, any combination of work experience and certifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities) relevant to the position as determined by the Fire Chief or his designee).
• NFPA Fire and Emergency Services Instructor I or current/active historically recognized equivalent
• NIMS IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800 course completions.
• NFPA Hazardous Materials Awareness or current/active historically recognized equivalent.
• ACLS Certified
• PALS or PEPP Certified.
• One-year field experience in a similarly sized agency
Wage Scale Is Dependent On Experience:
• Paramedic is $4,987.04-$6,233.80 monthly
This position is a full-time position assigned to a 48/96-hour work schedule and includes a benefit package including PERS/OPSRP retirement plan. Other benefits include:
• Medical/dental/orthodontia premiums are 95% paid by employer
• Employer contributes 2% of employee wages into a 401a Retirement Plan.
• 100% employer contribution to an HRA VEBA.
• Plus, additional standard and optional employee benefits.
• An official Marion County Fire District #1 application must be submitted along with a cover letter, resume and copies of both required and desired education or certifications ONLY.
• Submissions must be emailed, mailed or hand delivered to MCFD1 Fire Administration Attn: Battalion Chief Mark Bjorklund at 300 Cordon Road, Salem, OR 97317 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are available at http://www.mcfd1.com, MCFD Fire Administration or by email request to email@example.com.
*Failure to include any of the required documentation will result in rejection of your application.
**Failure to include copies for any of the desired education, qualifications, or certifications will result in a forfeiture of additional points awarded for these desired aspects.
Application period is open continuously. First review of applications will occur 1700 hours June 30, 2023 .
The evaluation process will consist of an application packet and assessment center which may also include a physical agility test. Top candidates will conclude with a Chief’s panel Interview.
If you have any questions about the application process, or need clarification on any of the requirements, you may contact BC Mark Bjorklund, Human Resources at 503-588-6518 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.