Posted: 4/15/2022; Updated: 5/16/2022
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000 plus a competitive benefit package
Location: Keno, OR
Keno Rural Fire Protection District
Salary Range: $85,000 – $95,000 plus a competitive benefit package.
The Keno Rural Fire Protection District is located 15 miles west of Klamath Falls in Southern Oregon. The Fire District serves a population of approximately 4,000 and covers 44 square miles of rural, agricultural and forest lands. The District provides fire protection, fire prevention, EMS, wildland coverage and state conflagration deployment with 20 volunteer personnel from four (4) stations. The Fire District has had two Fire Chiefs since its inception. The current Fire Chief has been in office since 1983 and has equipped the district with the latest technology and equipment.
Experience and Training:
- A minimum of an associate degree in fire science, fire service administration, public administration, management, business, public policy, related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Fire Service
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience that clearly demonstrates experience indicative of senior level management capabilities
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Emergency Medical Technician – Basic, within first year of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in fire science, fire service administration, public administration, management, business, public policy, related field. OR
- Graduate of National Fire Academy – Executive Fire Officer Program
- NFPA Fire Officer III
- Experience working with volunteers
- Possess or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Oregon Driver’s License, insurable by District’s carrier
- Successful completion of medical/psychological exams
- Within the first year of employment, establish and maintain residence within the fire district, within 10 minutes of Station one.
- Demonstrate ability to perform all necessary emergency scene functions
Full position description: Click Here
Position Application: Click Here
Desirable Starting Date: On or before September 1, 2022
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Keno Fire Chief Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
Job description and application available at www.sdao.com