Salary: $85,000 - $95,000
Location: Hubbard, OR
Full Time Position
Salary Range: $85,000 - $95,000
Benefits: Full Family Health Insurance, Life, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, PERS, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, ## PTO
The Hubbard Fire District (HFD) provides fire suppression, fire prevention services, emergency medical, and hazardous materials response assistance to residents located within its 6.85 square-mile boundary. The Hubbard Fire District is composed of medium density housing, farmland, and light industrial use areas. With plenty of room for expansion, the Hubbard Fire District experiences growth in the number of residents that it serves and structures it protects each year.
The current organization is a one station combination district that utilizes career firefighters on 24-hour shifts and volunteers that work shifts at the fire station and respond from home. A seamless and cooperative working relationship between the career and volunteer staff is essential in meeting the District’s mission to the community.
Desired Position Requirements:
- NFPA Fire Officer 1
- NFPA Firefighter 1
- NFPA Pump Operator
- NFPA Instructor 1
- NFPA Haz-Mat Awareness/Operations and Haz-Mat on Scene Incident Commander
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License and be insurable by the District Insurance Carrier.
- Possess demonstrated skills and background which show competence in the field using NIMS, emergency response decision making, driving and personnel management.
- NIMS-ICS certified (100-400, 700 & 800)
- Certified Oregon EMT or above
- Associates Degree in Fire Suppression, Fire Prevention, Public Administration or equivalent.
- Must have ten (10) years minimum experience in the fire service of which at least three (3) years must have been as an active fire officer or equivalent.
- Consideration will be given to any combination of education and experience that would reflect meeting the qualifications.
- Must have no felony or disqualifying convictions as determined by a comprehensive background investigation.
- Shall reside within 20 minutes’ drive time (non-emergency) from the Hubbard Fire Station.
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Hubbard Fire District
PO Box 378
Hubbard, OR 97032
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
To request the job description and application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org