Location: Welches, OR
Salary: $128,600 - $135,000 DOE
General Position Summary:
The Fire Chief functions as the Chief Executive Officer and Budget Officer of the Fire District and is responsible for the overall administration of the Fire District. Responsible for budgeting, planning, coordination, and implementation of all policies established by the Board of Directors; coordinates the operation of the District with other local fire protection agencies and other governmental agencies; performs other duties and tasks as directed by the Board of Directors. Ensures operational preparedness for response to fire, rescue, and emergency medical emergencies; may function as a Duty Officer and take command at emergency scenes.
Education, Experience, Certifications and Licenses Required:
- Associates Degree in Fire Science, Emergency Medical Services, Public Administration or related field. Consideration may be given to currently employed Chief Officers without a degree but meeting all other minimum qualifications.
- Oregon Certified Emergency Medical Technician (or current National Registry certification with ability to obtain Oregon certification within 6-months of hire).
- NFPA Firefighter 2 (Oregon or IFSAC certifications or equivalent)
- NFPA HazMat Operations (Oregon or IFSAC certifications or equivalent)
- NFPA Fire Instructor 1 (Oregon or IFSAC certifications or equivalent)
- NFPA Fire Officer 1 (Oregon or IFSAC certifications or equivalent)
- ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
- Minimum of 10-years progressive Structural Firefighting experience; including a minimum of 3-years at or above the rank of Battalion Chief or comparable rank.
- Experience in working with volunteer firefighters in either a combination career/volunteer or volunteer organization highly preferred.
- Experience in interagency coordination with wildland fire protection agencies
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates equivalent requirements may be considered at the discretion of the Fire District.
Competitive benefit program that includes, PERS retirement, family health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
Desirable Starting Date: December 16, 2020 (negotiable)
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Hoodland Fire District
Fire Chief Hiring Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Questions regarding Hoodland Fire District may be directed to Steve Abel, Interim Fire Chief: 503-622-3256 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: October 16, 2020Hoodland Rural Fire District Fire Chief Job Description.pdfEmployment Application_Hoodland Rural Fire District.docx