Hoodland Fire District #74: Firefighter Paramedic
Location: Welches, Oregon
Salary: $59,299.56 to $84,266.40 (for FY 2019/2020) plus additional incentives based on qualifications per the current bargaining unit agreement.
Hoodland Fire District #74 is establishing an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Appointments are to civil service positions and will be made based on meeting minimum qualifications, merit, demonstrated ability, and fitness. These will be established by testing and investigation of qualified candidates.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Oregon EMT Basic License or National Registry EMT Basic certification (higher license/certification accepted). The candidate must be a licensed Oregon paramedic or a paramedic with reciprocity to work in Oregon by the date of hire.
- NFPA Firefighter I current and active DPSST certification
- NFPA Operations Level Responder current and active DPSST certification
- NFPA Apparatus Equipped with Fire Pump current and active DPSST certification
- Minimum three (3) years documented structural firefighting experience (paid, volunteer, military or a combination thereof excluding Explorers & Fire Science programs that do not include agency internships)
- Must possess the training, physical condition and ability to effectively perform the essential functions, and any marginal functions of the position as specified in the job description
- Eligible to work in the United States of America at time of appointment
You may obtain an application at the Hoodland Fire website www.hoodlandfire.us Applications can also be picked up in person, emailed, or sent to you via USPS mail. To request an application packet contact Carol Norgard at Hoodland Fire District #74. She can be reached at (503) 622-3256 or by email at (redacted)
All required documentation must be received by Tuesday March 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm:
Hoodland Fire District #74
Attn. Firefighter Paramedic Testing Process
69634 E. Hwy 26
Welches, OR 97067
Applications will not be accepted electronically.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020