Salary: $4,061-$5,458 per month, DOE
Location: Roseburg, OR
The Green Sanitary District is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Collection System Operator II position. This full time, non-exempt position which requires both skilled as well as semi-skilled work in one or more areas in the wastewater collection system or other related GSD facilities involving installations, maintenance, repair and construction activities or coordination of a service related to one or more areas listed above. Work involves responsibility for the use of equipment, vehicles and hand tools in the construction and maintenance of sanitary sewers.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED and three years’ experience involving the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of public improvements such as wastewater systems or related utility services; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This includes a general knowledge of the mechanical and electrical equipment involved in problem solving related to lift stations.
- General knowledge of the proper operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools and equipment, practices, methods, hazards and safety precautions used in the maintenance and repair of a sanitary sewer system; and general equipment servicing methods.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS, and have the ability to understand maps, plans and drawings.
- Ability to operate various equipment used in the construction and maintenance of a sanitary sewer system.
- Live within a 30-minute commute to the GSD office.
- Possession of a Wastewater Collection Grade II certification from the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality at time of appointment.
- Oregon Inspector Certification and Limited Plumbing Inspector-Sewer or higher certification from the State of Oregon within one year of appointment.
- Possession of a valid Oregon Class “B” commercial driver’s license (CDL) with tanker endorsement at time of appointment.
- Work Zone Traffic Control and valid First Aid/CPR card within six months of appointment.
- Complete the asbestos awareness class within one year of appointment.
Applicants may pick up an application packet (8am – 5pm, M-F) at the District office at 3879 Old Hwy 99 South, Roseburg, OR 97471; download the application packet from the District website at www.gsd.specialdistrict.org by clicking on the Governance tab and then Employment Opportunities; or request an application packet be mailed by calling 541-679-7191.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2021