Salary: $65,000 - $89,000 annually, DOE
Location: John Day, OR
Invites applications for the position of: District Manager
Opening Date: 8/10/2022
Closing Date: 8/24/2022
The District Manager serves as the district’s chief executive officer and reports to a seven-member elected board of directors.
Application Deadline: August 24, 2022
Desirable Starting Date: September 1, 2022
Full Position Description: Click Here
Grant County Transportation District is currently recruiting qualified applicants to fill the position of District Manager. Serving as the district’s chief executive officer, the district manager reports to a seven-member elected board of directors.
The district is looking to hire a person who, through collaborative leadership, board, staff, and customer engagement, and outstanding management and administrative skills will enhance the district’s ability to deliver public transportation services efficiently and effectively. The district manager must be able to work independently and meet deadlines. Along with strong administrative skills, the district manager must be able supervise and evaluate approximately 12 employees. With the assistance of the district contract accounting staff, the district manager must be able to develop and manage a district-wide budget and keep the board apprised of any irregularities. The district manager is also expected to continually look for opportunities to raise additional funds through grants and other means that will enhance the public transportation system and/or programs. Additionally, the district manager must have exceptional communication skills with the ability to address issues calmly, tactfully, and proactively.
About the District:
Grant County Transportation District was formed in 1992 as an Oregon Special District to provide public transportation throughout Grant County. As a highly rural public transportation program, GCTD has five Intercity Routes, two Deviated Fixed Routes, Demand Response Service, Non-emergent Medical Transportation, Veterans Medical Transportation, and contract transportation services. For more information about the district please visit our website at: www.grantcountypeoplemover.com.
A seven-member elected board of directors governs the district. Currently, the seven members are Deronda Lallatin as Board Chair, Peggy Neal as Vice Chair, Blaine Huffman, Jim Jerome, Angie Uptmor, Shawn Duncan, and Misty Palmer. GCTD is funded through a variety of State and Federal grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
The individual appointed to this position will possess well-developed business management, administrative and leadership skills. They will recognize that policy is set by the Board of Directors and will provide an open and direct flow of information to assist in the formulation of District policies. The ideal candidate will also:
- Be an excellent communicator and representative of the district.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Act as a catalyst and “front” person who can help the board of directors, staff and the community create a clear vision for public transportation in the community and throughout the region.
- Promote the wellbeing of the staff and passengers.
- Maintain responsibility for establishing and nurturing successful press relations.
- Be able to secure grants and other funding sources, in conjunction with the district accounting staff to assist with programs and facility improvements and/or development.
- Prepare and track the annual District Budget with the assistance of the district accounting staff.
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with public agencies, private industry, and non-profit organizations.
- 3 years' experience in a general manager or director role.
- Experience in the operations of a public transportation agency.
- Experience in direct employee management.
- Public finance and budget knowledge.
- Experience in oversite of an alcohol and drug program, as well as CJIS/LEDS program.
- Knowledge of route planning, fleet, and facility best practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Connexionz, Fleetio and Ecolane computer programs.
- Governmental ethics and standards.
To review the full job announcement and job description and to complete the application please see this link:
District Manager Opening (grantcountypeoplemover.com)
To be considered as a candidate, please submit a completed and signed application, resume, and cover letter to the address or email listed below. Application packet must be received no later than August 24, 2024.Electronic submission is preferred.
Attn. Angie Jones
Grant County Transportation District – District Manager
PO Box 126
John Day, OR 97845
Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug testing, become CJIS certified and possess a valid drivers license.