Location: Depoe Bay, OR
Salary: $3,394 - $4,849 per month plus excellent benefits
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This individual performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the fire district. This individual is responsible for multiple tasks including but not limited to; customer service, receptionist duties, general office duties, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. Performs senior level support in the areas of personnel services and administration; serves as support to the Board of Directors.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This individual is under the direct supervision of the Fire Chief and contributes to the success of the fire district as a member of the executive team.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- This individual shall perform the essential functions as outlined below. However, these essential functions do not include all of the specific functions that he/she may be required to perform.
- Receptionist duties including faxing and copying tasks, answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, greeting and assisting the public.
- Prepare and posts all required legal and public notices.
- Process accounts payable for the district; including preparation of invoices for payment, maintaining all records of accounts payable.
- Performs accounts receivable functions for the fire district; including preparation of invoices for billing, preparation and making of deposits, and maintaining all records of accounts receivable.
- Maintains Petty Cash Fund.
- Directs and develops the District’s Human Resource Program.
- Assist with the hiring process including job postings, application/ resume collection, documenting background investigations, scheduling interviews and medical exams, processing letters.
- Process all new hire documents for career and volunteer personnel.
- Creates and maintains all personnel files.
- Composes and transcribes correspondence, letters, reports and memorandum; schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements.
- Maintains inventory level of office, computer and copier supplies.
- Coordinates the Districts employee and volunteer benefit programs. Prepares workers’ compensation injury claims and related documentation and maintains OSHA logs.
- Provides senior level support to a variety of boards and commissions; prepares and sends preparatory documentation, prepares agendas, takes and transcribes minutes for official record.
- Provides senior level support to the Fire Chief in assisting with fire district operations at all levels.
- Performs work assignments in a courteous, efficient and helpful manner. Promotes a positive attitude.
- Manage station rental applications and scheduling.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- At least one-year experience working in an office environment.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required timeframes and to follow up on pending tasks.
- Skill in word processing, basic computer operations, spreadsheets, and standard office software programs. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and Quickbooks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions of a complex nature.
- Ability to use tact and resourcefulness in public contacts in explaining difficult procedures and regulations.
- Must be able to work independently, with little to no supervision.
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible office experience and one year in a supervisory capacity in an accounting setting.
- Ability to type or keyboard at least 40 words per minute.
- Experience working with in a public safety environment.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
The physical demands of positions in this classification include sitting for long periods of time while performing data entry and other clerical tasks; bending and stooping from sitting and standing positions to perform filing and other functions; occasional light lifting and moving up to 20 pounds, using wrists, hands and fingers to perform data entry and manual posting tasks for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by positions in this classification include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this classification, the employee regularly works with and near electronic equipment. The noise level of the work environment can vary from mild to moderate.
Application deadline: Open until filled.