Location: Deer Island, OR
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing CRPUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
Plan and direct the work of assigned personnel, and maintain proper clearance of the PUD’s electrical system by removing and trimming encroaching trees and vegetation.
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent, with a basic understanding of electricity.
· Minimum of three years’ as a Journeyman Tree Trimmer with a minimum of two years’ experience in clearing and trimming around and near energized power lines.
· Demonstrated competency with iPads, including working knowledge of the PUD’s GIS Mapping System.
· Working knowledge of OR-OSHA and other applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and tree trimming maintenance practices.
· Obtain and maintain a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license with airbrake restriction removed. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of the responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
· Drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment and on a random basis thereafter.
· Physical capacity testing and pre-employment physical required prior to employment.
· Live within a 45-minute drive time of the PUD headquarters.
· Obtain and maintain Flagging Card.
· Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR Certification.
· Strong dedication and commitment to providing safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
$55.44 per hour
How to Apply
You may visit our office in Deer Island to pick up an application packet, call us at (503) 397-1844 to have an application packet mailed to you, or download a complete application packet on our website at www.crpud.net/jobs.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
October 30, 2023 by 5:00 PM