Salary: $24.53 - $34.98 per hour depending on qualifications
Location: St. Helens, OR
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing the CRPUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
Perform a variety of routine janitorial duties and building and grounds maintenance tasks inside and outside the building to ensure the CRPUD’s main office facility and warehouse provide a pleasant experience for customers and employees and is maintained in a clean, safe working condition, keeping with the established standards of safety and sanitation.
- Memorandum to Applicants – Building & Grounds Specialist
- Job Description – Building & Grounds Specialist
- Veteran’s Preference (as applicable)
- CRPUD Employment Application – Please see note below
- Supplemental Questions (pdf) – Building & Grounds Specialist – Please see note below
- Supplemental Questions (Word) – Building & Grounds Specialist
- Additional Materials for Applicants
Note: Some web browsers don’t display fillable pdf forms correctly. If you see a message that says “Please Wait…” instead of seeing the employment application or the supplemental questions, right-click on those links and save the files to your computer, then open them in Adobe Reader.
How to Apply
Complete and submit a CRPUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the Building & Grounds Specialist, and Veteran’s Preference (if applicable) to:
Human Resources Department
Columbia River PUD
P.O. Box 1193
St. Helens, OR 97051
Fax: (503) 397-5215
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year recent experience in performing janitorial work in a large and multi-use facility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years commercial building maintenance and/or repair work experience with basic proficiency in each of the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and painting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of six months grounds keeping experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the identification and proper handling of hazardous materials typically found in a public building.
- Must possess, or have the ability to possess within six months of hire, a Forklift Certification, CPR/First Aid Certificate, and a State of Oregon Drinking Water Certification.
- Valid driver’s license. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Five years prior experience in a responsible position involving cleaning, janitorial, and/or office building maintenance involving a large commercial building.
- One year experience in commercial grounds keeping maintenance.
$24.53 - $34.98 per hour depending on qualifications
Open Until Filled