Location: Clackamas, OR
Open until filled
$ 25.39 – 32.76/hr. (WTO) | $ 30.68 - $39.61/hr. (WTPS) DOQ, represented
Clackamas River Water seeks a full-time Water Treatment Operator or Water Treatment Processing Specialist dependent on the candidate’s experience, education, and certification.
WATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
- Operates and monitors the District’s 30 mgd drinking water treatment plant, its systems and equipment in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains plant equipment to service levels by performing a variety of technical and mechanical duties, following prescribed guidelines.
- Collects samples; records operational data and reports test results to regulatory agencies.
HS diploma or GED, six months as Water Treatment Operator (WTO) Level 1, knowledge of regulations for water treatment systems and ability to use water-related software applications such as SCADA, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that meets position requirements. Must be able to obtain a WTO 2 within 1- year of hire and meet physical standards for wearing respiratory protection equipment.
A valid driver’s license is required.
Preference for candidates who possess a WTO 2 or higher.
WATER TREATMENT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
- Performs all duties of Water Treatment Operator, as well as the following;
- Troubleshoots, performs preventative maintenance of the water treatment plant and related facilities.
- Assists certified, in-house water quality laboratory by performing chemical and biological analysis and preparing and performing quality control of liquid and solid media and reagents.
- Develops lab testing and maintenance procedures for the District’s asset management system, as needed
2-year degree in water technology program, 1-year working in a laboratory env., and 1- year performing facilities maintenance; WTO 2 or higher, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
Preference for candidates with a WTO 3 or higher, and some experience in microbiological lab testing for coliform bacteria. Closing Date: Open Until Filled Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to require a criminal/civil background and driving record check, and, a drug and alcohol screen for safety-sensitive positions as a condition of employment.
How to apply:
Visit our website at www.crwater.com under “About Us” and click on “Job Opportunities” and submit a cover letter, resume and a completed job application.