Salary: $65,374.40 - $86,507.20
Location: Clackamas, OR
Open Until Filled
Clackamas River Water (CRW) has earned a reputation for providing high-quality drinking water. We are offering an excellent opportunity for you be part of a sustainable organization by joining our finance and accounting team - well known for providing exceptional service to the community we serve with our most precious resource: water. Our values for Quality Water, Customer Service, Financial Accountability, Responsible Stewardship govern what we do in serving each other, the public and our surrounding community. We have an job opening for a Senior Finance and Accounting Specialist.
Top candidates will be very accurate, detail-oriented, self-managed, able to articulate, both orally and in writing, finance and accounting concepts to a wide variety of audiences. You enjoy being part of a team, and are eager and open to continuous learning.
- Preparation and posting of journal entries and account reconciliation
- Preparation of financial statements, the District budget, and financial statements
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure it is within budget
- Ensure financial statements are accurate, revenues are received and spent in compliance with government laws and regulations
- Provides analysis, evaluation of future financial planning, reporting and annual audits, identifying potential risks
- Payroll administration Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field, three years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.
- Proven ability to apply principles, practices of government finance, enterprise/fund accounting, municipal budgeting and auditing using GASB and GAAP. Proven aptitude for using accounting and/or payroll software applications and related databases, ability to analyze, organize and interpret data to draw logical conclusions and monitor internal controls using best practices.
- Strong preference for experience using Tyler Technologies’ EDEN and ADP’s payroll software applications.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are required for bank deposits.
CRW offers a comprehensive benefits package, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, basic life and long-term disability coverage and retirement plans including enrollment into Oregon’s public employees’ retirement system (PERS).
Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to require a criminal/civil background and driving record check; and, a drug and alcohol screen for safety-sensitive positions and a credit check or physical fitness test for applicable positions as a condition of employment.
How to apply: