Salary: $147,000.00 - $185,000.00
Location: Milwaukie, OR
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a new executive management position. With rapid growth recently and ahead, this position is essential to the fire district’s operations, sustainability, and resiliency. The CFO will find a welcoming, engaged, and supportive environment. Reporting directly to the Fire Chief, the CFO will develop the financial strategy and direction of the fire district and focus on providing financial leadership, communicating financial information to internal and external stakeholders, directing financial operations, developing and managing operating budgets and capital plans, improving organizational performance, and supervising finance department staff.
General Position Summary:
Serves as the Chief Financial Officer of the Fire District. Provides supervision and direction of the finance department and implements finance-related policies. Performs a variety of accounting and supervisory duties. Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting and Fire District procedures.
Sets the financial strategy and direction of the Fire District. Provides strong leadership and skilled and sound financial direction related to all aspects of Fire District operations. Directs the financial activities and functions of the Fire District.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Five years of experience in finance and/or accounting in roles involving strategic, complex, and critical decision-making discretion and accountability.
- Five years of experience managing financial operations, business operations, and personnel.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- GFOA Certified Public Finance Officer required within three years of hire.
- Any combination of education and experience as determined by the Fire District may be substituted to meet any of the minimum qualifications.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of local governmental budgeting, funding, and bonding.
- Ten years of experience in finance and/or accounting in roles involving strategic, complex, and critical decision-making discretion and accountability.
- Experience in public sector accounting or finance.
- GFOA Certified Public Finance Officer.
- Certified Public or Management Accountant.
- Familiarity or knowledge of the fire service.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit: https://clackamasfire.com/current-job-openings/ You can also find more information here: https://clackamasfire.com/chief-financial-officer/
Application Deadline: First review of applications: Week of March 29, 2021.