Location: Canby, OR
Canby Utility, a municipal electric and water utility nestled in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon, is currently seeking a skilled Estimator to join our team. Canby Utility serves a population of approximately 17,000 with 7,800 electric meters, 5,500 water meters, owns two substations, and is approximately 80% underground. This position is within a collective bargaining agreement as represented by IBEW Local 125.
The selected candidate must possess the required technical knowledge, skills, abilities to perform all related duties to support the design, construction, and maintenance of electric distribution systems and facilities. This position may provide support for water department projects as needed. Typical responsibilities include:
- Developing estimates for time, materials, and labor for all new projects requiring electrical service within the city. May occasionally work with an engineer to coordinate projects that involve electric services and line extensions.
- Performing all the necessary calculations and design work associated with line extensions for commercial, residential, and other projects. Develops the project cost estimates for new construction, repair, and maintenance of utility electric assets.
- Inspecting completed projects.
- Assisting in developing, revising, and maintaining construction standards.
- Preparing necessary documents for and attends pre-construction meetings.
- Providing backup support and technical assistance for the utility system’s GIS mapping database for the ArcGIS mapping system software.
- Receiving and resolving citizen complaints and concerns regarding system anomalies and functions.
- Creating work orders.
- Traveling to job locations to assist in confirming project site conditions.
The successful candidate will have an associate’s degree from an accredited college and training in computer-aided drafting software. Relevant experience and training may substitute for a degree. They must also have a valid driver’s license, five years of experience, a competent knowledge of OH and UG distribution systems, and knowledge of ArcGIS mapping software and design. Please see the job description for a complete list of duties, experience, and qualifications for the position.
Canby Utility offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), monthly contribution to the employee’s VEBA account, and 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans. Canby Utility pays 95% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and the employee’s 6% contribution portion of PERS.
For a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application visit our website at www.canbyutility.org or contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 x 312, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1265 SE 3rd Avenue, Canby, OR 97013.
Canby Utility is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate based on any protected classes. It provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities when needed to enable the individual to perform the essential duties and meet the essential requirements of this position. Reasonable accommodations are evaluated on an individual basis in accordance with applicable law. For more information or if you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources.
Applications accepted until filled.
Application Deadline: Open until filled