Salary: Depending on Experience
Location: Sheridan, OR
BRPWD is a small public utility, serving just over 300 households in and around the rural Sheridan area of Polk County, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality water and customer service.
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Operates, monitors, and maintains plant processes such as plant flow control, chemical addition, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, and settling pond sludge processing.
• Monitors on-line analytical equipment, takes samples, performs laboratory analysis, reports results, and adjusts processes.
• Maintains records for State quality monitoring and records of plant operations.
• Handles chemicals such as chlorine, corrosives, and asphyxiants.
• On-call to coordinate responses to alarms and emergencies at the facility and in the field.
• Inspects and maintains process instrumentation and equipment.
• May write operating procedures of plant processes.
• May assist in the design and implementation of new systems and processes.
• May provide training for others as required or directed by the BRPWD Board.
• Schedules and helps coordinate on-site contractor tasks; inspects work for completion and conformance to contract standards.
• Resolve product supplies & material delivery problems and refer more serious matters to BRPWD Board.
• Read and report water meters monthly.
• Requires computer skills to operate treatment facilities and complete, submit & file all reports required by Federal, State, DEQ, and Water Resources Departments.
• Attend Board meetings (once monthly 2nd Tuesday).
• Attend training/educational sessions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Frequently required to drive District Vehicle – a valid Oregon driver’s license and satisfactory record required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals or vibrations.
• The employee is frequently exposed to high places and exposed to potential risk of electrical shock.
• The employee is required to work a regular shift as needed for a 24-hour plant operation. Nights and days may be required at times.
• The employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
•Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
•Required to push, pull, carry, bend, lift, crawl, stand, handle or feel objects/controls/tools, talk, hear, read & interpret documents and operate phone & communications radio. Occasionally, the employee must lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to sit for short to long periods of time.
Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid Oregon driver’s license. Flagger certification a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum high school level education. Willing to take classes to become Oregon Class 1 certified in water distribution within 16 months of hire date. Experience in water treatment and distribution a plus, but not necessary.
Work is performed under general supervision of the BRPWD Board of Directors.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest in this position to email@example.com or mail to PO 367, Sheridan OR 97378. Any questions, please call 503-843-2885.