Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00
Location: Boardman, OR
Perform the management duties associated with the Recreation Center including: public interaction, sales, recruiting, hiring, training, daily operations, supervising staff, enforcing rules, and maintaining records, and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise facility staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, qualifying, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinate with the Certified Pool Operators and the Park/Aquatic Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the maintenance, cleanliness and regulatory compliance of the facility.
- In coordination with the Aquatic Manager, develops and maintains aquatic programs including swim lessons.
- Works with outside groups and cooperative programs, private parties with regards to the use of the facility.
- In coordination with the Recreation Coordinator, plan and organize recreational activities and programs; obtains sponsorships for specified recreation programs and events and implements the sponsorship agreement conditions.
- Follows proper purchasing procedures to obtain equipment and supplies for the assigned recreation facilities. Prepares annual budget and ensure that budgets are monitored and adhered to.
- In coordination with the District Manager, establishes, implements, and monitors annual objectives, goals, and vision for the Recreation Center; recommends policies and procedures to the District Manager; converts strategies to action plans; communicates and enforces district policies.
- In coordination with the District Manager, develops and administers recreation surveys and completes evaluations for all recreation facilities; recommends facility changes to the District Manager; and assists the District Manager in the development and update of the district’s master plan.
- Communicates with and responds to inquiries from District employees and public; regarding district facilities, events, and recreation programs.
- Help administer computer registrations, appointments, and scheduling.
- Acts as a resource for management and staff; provides technical support within area of responsibility.
Directly supervises 3 employees with indirect supervision of 15-25 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Three years of increasing responsible, professional experience in public recreation services management and public recreation facility and pool operation., supervision, and administration an Associate’s Degree or above. OR Five years of increasing responsible, professional experience in public recreation services management and public recreation facility and pool operation., supervision, and administration.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current driver's licenses
- CPR First Aid Certified
- Pool Operator License (or ability to obtain in the first year)
- Lifeguard Certification (or ability to obtain within two years)
- LGI Certification (or ability to obtain within two years)
- Water Safety Instructor Certification (or ability to obtain within two years)
How to apply:
Apply online via https://boardmanparkandrec.com/employment-application and send resume to email@example.com