Blue Mountain Translator District: RFP - OTT Streaming
BMTD is a special district serving Baker and Union Counties in northeast Oregon. The district has primarily operated TV translators bringing channels from Portland and Boise to the region to view with an antenna. In 2020, BMTD is launching a local noncommercial TV station that will be broadcast over the air and streamed online.
The District needs a partner firm that can create a web streaming version of a continuous content feed delivered to viewers Over-The-Top. BMTD prefers a partner with a pedigree in creating OTT streams of Public, Educational, and Government access channels. Features for this RFP include:
● The ability to use equipment and online components to distribute content via alternative methods, including OTA broadcast, cable TV, and additional online platforms.
● The restriction of access to content for viewers who have paid a service charge to BMTD.
● The ability to distribute multiple live feeds of continuous content.
● The ability to maintain online archives of content for on-demand viewing.
● The creation and maintenance of applications to view live video streams and archived content on additional platforms besides a web browser, including smart TV’s and mobile devices.
● Methods for syndicating content procured by the District, as well as for receiving syndicated content distributed by other TV stations and content creators.
● Integrated closed captioning capabilities.
● Opening: 2/21/20
● Questions / Requests for Clarification Due: 2/28/20
● Answers to Questions/Requests for Clarification Issued: 3/6/20
● RFP Protest Period Ends: 3/6/20
● RFP Closes: 3/13/20
● Public Opening: 3/16/20
● Interviews: 3/17/20-3/24/20
● Intent to Award: 4/7/20
The full RFP and scheduling for bidding is posted at www.bmtd.org/rfp . For more information, contact Executive Director Alex McHaddad at (redacted) or 541-963-0196.