Crook County Parks & Recreation District: Office Assistant
Location: Prineville, Oregon
Hourly: $12.19 (Temporary; Part-Time)
The Office Assistant will work closely with the Business Manager. Provides support services and adherence to proper accounting and reporting procedures, prepares deposits, creates reports, customer service, ordering, prepare outgoing correspondence and maintain office file.
General Job Duties
• Customer point of contact by phone and in-person; answer telephone; replay important instructions and messages
• Perform general office duties such as typing letters, invoices and forms. Maintain office equipment (copier, fax, etc.). Order supplies for the district, sort mail, filing, etc.
• Prepare various department deposits and reports
• Maintains adequate supply of office materials
• Completes yearly inventory of all office property
• Maintain a clean safe working environment
• Attend safety meetings; follow safety rules and procedures as outline in the policy manual
• Assists when needed in preparation of seasonal recreation guide, class posters, etc.
• Completes recreation program data entry (“Sportsites”), class registrations, reports, class rosters, student records, and customer accounts
• Complete park usage reservations, pool and skate rink party reservation and metal detector permits
• Work extended hours (weekends or nights) when requested due to recreation activities and special events
• Properly maintains Public Records
• Responsible for being familiar with and following District policies and procedures
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Assist/backup the RV Park when necessary; make RV Park, Ochoco Lake and Haystack reservations
Job Announcement Office Assistant Closing Date: March 13, 2020
• Assist in maintaining social media presence for the District
• Assist in maintaining website for District and help create advertisements
• 2 years of job-related experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Publisher, Email, Square, Internet
• Basic English and Math skills
• Basic accounting skills
• Ability to decipher reports and translate accordingly
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in busy atmosphere at times
• Ability to handle difficult or upset customers
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills (reading, writing, listening)
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and critical thinking skills
• Ability to interpret and implement District policies and procedures
• Commitment to cultivate a welcoming environment with a positive attitude
• Ability to sit for long periods of time and to lift 20lbs
Submit all application materials below in hardcopy or electronic form:
• CCPRD job application form found at http://ccprd.org/employment/ or obtain a paper copy at our office.
Submit electronic submissions to Donna DeHaan, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading OFFICE ASSISTANT. Please do not include attachments in the body of your email; attach them separately as PDF file.
Mail hard copy materials to:
Crook County Parks and Recreation District
Attn: Donna DeHaan
296 S. Main St
Prineville, OR 9775
View the Job Announcement for more information.
Position closes Friday, March 13, 2020 at 5:00pm.