Sunrise Water Authority: Record Management Specialist - Temporary
Sunrise Water Authority is looking for an experienced Records Management Specialist to help set-up and initiate a digital public records program using the ORMS archival system. The ideal candidate will have experience managing and maintaining official public records, as prescribed under Oregon state law (ORS 192). This is a temporary position authorized on a fiscal-year basis for up to 30-40 hours per week (or as required to meet a progressive schedule for implementation). It may be re-authorized annually as approved by the Board of Commissioners.
About Sunrise Water Authority:
Sunrise is a public water utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality product and customer service through sustainable business practices. We are in need of an experienced Records Management Specialist to join our Administrative team and help us get our records program off the ground.
- Development of records retention platform using the ORMS electronic platform
- Organizing, scanning and uploading records from paper and digital format to ORMS
- Archiving records on site and transferring permanent paper copies to Iron Mountain storage facility
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of public records retention standards (as prescribed under Oregon state law)
- Proficient in the use of various office equipment and personal computers
- Data entry experience
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent active listening and communication skills
- Experience with ORMS preferred
- At least two (2) years of municipal records management experience for a public agency
- Ability to bend, stoop or kneel, as well as to lift and carry banker’s boxes up to 30 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage: $20 -$24 DOQ/DOE.
This position will offer benefits (at 30+ hours per week), including holiday pay, paid-time off, medical, dental and vision insurance and participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Visit www.sunrisewater.com/OpenPositions for an employment application and instructions for applying.
Sunrise is an equal opportunity employer. Veteran’s preference applies to those candidates that identify themselves as a Veteran of the US Armed Forces and provide a legible copy of their DD214 or DD215 and Veteran Affairs letter of disability if applicable (as part of their application).
Open until filled.