Clackamas River Water: Engineering Technician
Clackamas River Water has earned a reputation for providing high-quality water and service. We are offering an excellent opportunity to work at a sustainable organization that provides the community with our most precious resource: water.
Working under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Engineering Technician performs skilled, paraprofessional engineering duties in the planning, design, construction, surveying and inspection of the District’s water infrastructure and facilities projects in compliance with applicable standards and requirements. The ideal candidate has the demonstrated ability to successfully identify and analyze problems; effectively communicate technical information to a variety of audiences; apply proven conflict resolution techniques; understand and utilize OSHA-safety related practices and make reliable recommendations on behalf of the District; and effectively meets the demands of both internal and external stakeholders.
- A.A.S. in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a water utility or utility engineering environment or any equivalent combination of education and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skill and ability to perform all job duties
- Working knowledge of estimating, cost control, construction techniques, standards and regulations specific to water utilities, basic contract administration and project management techniques
- Ability to read, interpret and apply construction drawings and specifications in performance of daily duties for District capital improvement and related private development projects
- Proficiency in using CAD and GIS applications to review project designs and other information
- Must possess, or obtain within one year of hire, an Oregon State Cross Connection Specialist Certification
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to frequently perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
Salary range: Hourly Wage - $27.26 – 35.19 DOQ
Closing date: Open Until Filled
How to apply: CLICK HERE to submit a required resume, cover letter, and the CRW job application. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to require a criminal/civil background and driving record check. Depending on the position, a physical exam may be required; and, for safety-sensitive positions, a drug and alcohol screen is a required condition of employment.