SDIS members that are interested in online training that covers all topics required to pass the FAA written test for FAA Remote Pilot Certification can now access a free course through Drone Pilot Ground School. This training will help prepare you to take your FAA Part 107 Drone Pilot exam at an FAA testing center.
Drone Pilot Ground School is the number one online course for those looking to become FAA-certified drone pilots. They have helped over 17,500 students get their FAA Remote Pilot Certificate, and their program boasts:
- 70+ Video & Text Lessons — Whether you learn best by listening, reading, or doing, they use all of these tactics to help you learn. They even have closed captioning in all of their videos.
- Lessons Quizzes & Five Full-Length Practice Tests — They offer full explanations for each question, so you know why a certain answer is correct.
- Real FAA Practice Questions — Master the FAA's test concepts with their database of 350+ multiple choice questions. After completing a practice test, you'll be emailed a performance report and a breakdown of your incorrect responses.
- Personal Support — Receive support over the phone, email, and through a voice-messaging system built into each lesson.
- Bonus Lessons — Don't just pass the test. Learn about topics like flight operations management, how to conduct airspace research, and how to get controlled airspace authorization or apply for FAA waivers.
We have 50 seats available for this online training. They will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to one (1) per district. Please contact Sandy Galaway for your license at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that completion of this training will not grant the student FAA Remote Pilot Certification but will prepare the student to take the exam.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the Risk Management Department at email@example.com or 800-285-5461.