Frequently Asked Questions


I had a login and password for your previous web site. Will it work on your new web site?
If you have previously registered for SDAO's member website and signed on in the last 12 months, your information is likely to already be in our system and you don't need to create a new account.  You can use the Forgot My Username and Forgot My Password tools on the Sign In page to recover your credentials and reset your password.  In most cases your Username is the email address you provided when your originally registerd.

How do I logon to your web site?
Members who have already registered can click on Sign In button located at the top right portion of this window then type your ID Number and Password. Once logged in, members have access to additional content. If you are not currently registered, follow the directions for "How do I register on your web site" below.

How do I register on your web site?
Click the Create an Account link to the right of the Sign In button located at the top right portion of this window.  Complete a brief form and click the Continue button.  Next, select your Organization and click the Continue button.  You will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to complete your registration. You may login once your account has been created.  Once staff has verified your registration, you will have access to additional information.  
What Browers are Supported?
Our web site works on the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8, and 9, Firefox, Safari (for MacOS) and Google Chrome.  A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 is recommended.  Internet Explorer 10+ is in compatibility mode only.  Click here to learn how to configure your browser to run this site in compatibility mode.
Why was my registration never activated or deactivated?
For the protection of all of our members all requests for access to our web site are compared to our membership database. Registrants who are not active members of a member district or known agency will be denied access to our site. Accounts will also be deactivated when the registrant's e-mail address is invalid. 
What do I do if I forget my password?
Click the Sign In button located at the top right portion of this window, then click one of the two links on "Forgot my password" or "Forgot my username".  Complete the simple form then click the Submit button.  You will receive an e-mail with the information you requested.
How do I change my password?
Sign In, then select the My Account link from the menu bar at the top of page.  Click the "Change Security" link to the right of the word Password.  Enter your new login credentials and click the Save button.
How do I register for an event such as a training or the annual conference?
Sign in to the website. Click the Events tab followed by the name of the event for which you would like to register.  Select either the "Register Myself" or "Register Someone Else" button.
Who do I call if I need to file or have questions about a workers' compensation or property casualty claim?
Our claims staff is available to help you Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding holidays by calling 800-305-1736. If your district experiences an emergency after hours or on weekends, dial 503-972-8520.  You may also call your insurance agent.

How do I get 801 forms online?
Select Publications from the top menu then click on the Workers' Comp tab. In the box titled Workers' Compensation 801 Claim Form you can select either a PDF version or Microsoft Word version.

How do I get an Incident Report online?
Select Publications from the top menu then click on the Workers' Comp tab. In the box titled Incident Report you can select either a PDF version or Microsoft Word version.
Who do I call if I have a question about my health care coverage?
SDAO staff is available to help you with health care coverage questions by calling 800-285-5461.
How do I get a listing of names and addresses of SDAO members by district name and/or city?
SDAO members can login, then select the Publications page.  Click the "SDAO Online Membership Directory" button to perform an online search of our membership. 

Does SDAO offer members Drug and Alcohol Testing and Background Checks services for their members?
Yes, but members must first sign up to partipate. Contact SDAO at 800-285-5461 to request more information. Following your call, Bio-Med Testing Services will mail your district a packet which includes a description of services available, pricing information, and a customer agreement form. Once the completed paperwork is returned to Bio-Med Testing Services your district may take advantage of five complimentary Drug and Alcohol Testing tests and five complimentary Background Checks annually. Additional tests will be charged to your district.

How do we schedule a loss control inspection of our facilities?
Call 800-285-5461 to schedule a site visit with one of our risk management consultants. It's that easy!

Who do I call when I have pre-loss or legal questions?
Pre-loss, legal, and technical assistance questions can be answered by contacting SDAO at 800-285-5461.
How do I complete the Best Practices checklist online?
Once logged in, select the Insurance Site tab. Under documents, click on Best Practices. Click Take Survey.
Can agents issue an insurance certificate?
An insurance certificate is a document that can be required to simply confirm that there is insurance in force. The insurance can be property, auto or liability. Most often the certificate is provided to confirm that there is a liability policy in force for the entity required to have such insurance. Supplying such a certificate in no way guarantees that the party receiving the certificate is in any way protected by the insurance party.

Agents can issue these types of certificates without prior approval but must provide SDIS with a copy.
Can agents issue an insurance certificate with an "Additional Insurance" provision?
In this situation the insured requesting the certificate is asking the issuer to include an outside third party on the policy, by endorsement, as an "insured" with respect to certain activities. This development usually arises due to hold-harmless, indemnity or additional insured provisions of a contract between two or more entities. This certificate basically establishes a responsibility by one party to assume the liability risk of another policy under the terms of the contract. All terms and conditions of the insurance policy, except those related to a "named insured", will apply.

Agents can issue these types of certificates with the following provisions: If a contract is involved, send a copy of the contract to SDIS for a review of the insurance provisions at least ten days prior to signing of the contract; Certificate must reference a specific contract, project or event; Certificate must be for a specific period of time; Use the term "Additional Participant" to more accurately reflect the SDIS Liability Coverage Document.
Can agents issue an insurance certificate with a "Named Additional Insured" provision?
To be included as a "named additional insured" means that the certificate holder stands in the "shoes" of the original named insured. For an insurer it becomes absolutely impossible to deny defense for any reason other than a material breach of the policy or a policy exclusion. Because SDAO is only authorized by statute to cover public entities, we cannot issue an insurance certificate listing an outside, non-public entity as a "named additional insured" because we can only provide coverage to public entities.

Agents cannot issue certificates with a "Named Additional Insured" provision unless an exception is made by SDIS on a case-by-case basis. 
What happened to the SDAO's Oregon Education Risk Pool?
Special Districts Association of Oregon and the Oregon School Boards Association formed PACE in 2006 to serve the unique needs of Oregon's public school districts, community colleges and education service districts. By merging their school district insurance programs, SDAO and OSBA formed the largest property and liability risk pool of school entities in Oregon. For more information, including Coverage Details and a Competitive Comparison, visit the PACE web site.