Special Districts Association of Oregon: Benefits Customer Service Representative
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Special Districts Association of Oregon (SDAO) is seeking a full-time Benefits Customer Service Representative to provide high-level customer service to members within the Employee Benefits Program which offers health, dental, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage.
Under the direct supervision of the HR and Benefits Administrator, this position is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Phone and email customer service support to Employee Benefits Program members
- Scanning and saving all documents related to members or master applications
- Entry of all data for new and current members into the enrollment system
- Assisting with preparation and delivery of monthly statements to members
- Providing other support to the Benefits Department as needed
- Providing support to the Accounting Department as needed
Required knowledge, abilities, and skills of interested candidates should include:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and listening
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting functions – deposits, mailing of payables, and other general accounting duties
Education and Experience
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED with a minimum of two years’ experience working in customer service for the health and/or dental insurance industry. An active life & health producer’s license from the State of Oregon is preferred.
SDAO, located in Salem, Oregon, is a not-for-profit association of special districts and other local government entities in Oregon. Along with managing the association that serves over 900 members, SDAO provides administrative services for Special Districts Insurance Services (SDIS). SDIS is a self-insured property, auto, liability, workers’ compensation, and employee benefits risk pool comprised of SDAO members.
SDAO offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Doherty, CFO. Please see the full job description for more information and position details.