||Port of Newport: Director of Operations
Deadline: March 3, 2017 at 4pm
The Port of Newport, an exciting, diverse organization located on Yaquina Bay, is seeking a qualified and motivated professional to serve as Director of Operations. The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall direction and supervision of Port facilities and resources. These responsibilities include training and development of staff, implementation of procurements/contracts, project management and preventative maintenance. The position is a key member of the executive team and assists the General Manager and Board of Commissioners in carrying out the long term goals of the Port. The purpose of a Port District is for economic development - to promote industry, tourism, and job creation.
• Integrity: Earns and maintains trust, honest, truthful, fair and builds good will.
• Good People Skills: Personality, strong verbal and written communication, ability to listen.
• Leadership. Provides overall directional vision to staff, ensures staff are competent through training and coach, gives staff opportunity to do their job well, motivates staff, empathy.
• Public Works Experience. Bid development and execution, maintenance scheduling and tracking, permitting and public contracting.
• Basic Management. Budgeting, tracking, reporting, human resource management.
Desirable attributes include prior knowledge of marine/port infrastructure, Oregon state statutes, capability of networking in the community, expertise in computer/communication software/tools, public grants, and working with public boards.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of Director of Operations. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess five years of broad and extensive experience in responsible project and general management including three years of supervisory experience and a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction and/or maintenance management or related field.
Interested applicants are asked to send letters of interest, resume, three professional references that demonstrate your knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas listed above. The Administrative Assistant should receive materials no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 3, 2017. Email responses with .pdf attachments are preferred. No telephone inquiries, please. Materials may be found at www.portofnewport.com.
Karen Hewitt, Port of Newport
RE: Director of Operations Position
600 S.E. Bay Blvd., Newport, OR 97365