Central Cascades Fire & EMS: Training Officer - Firefighter/Paramedic
Central Cascades Fire & EMS (CCF) is accepting applications through 5:00 p.m., Monday May 7, 2018 for the position of Training Officer - Firefighter/Paramedic. The successful applicant will have an expected start date of June 11, 2018.
Located on the eastern slope of Oregon’s stunning Cascade Mountain Range in North Klamath County, the community of Crescent Lake is set among some of the most beautiful country Oregon offers. A mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, you can enjoy all of the hunting, fishing, camping and hiking you desire. In just over a one hour drive to Eugene or Bend, we are close enough to all the amenities of a large city, yet in 5 minutes you can be in the middle of picturesque Crescent Lake.
CCF is a modern, full service department providing fire protection, medical and rescue services. We are a primarily volunteer department, with the Training Officer and Fire Chief being the only paid positions. Our fire district spans 30 square miles which includes Crescent & Odell Lakes, as well as Willamette Pass.
CCF has entered into multiple Intergovernmental Agreements with Crescent Rural Fire Protection District (CRFPD). CRFPD provides Fire Chief, Administrative support, training and response to CCF. In exchange, CCF provides student and employee housing, reserve apparatus, as well as a FF/Paramedic who works a 48/96 shift schedule at CRFPD. Both districts operate together and have a strong desire to merge into a sole organization in the near future.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The Training Officer – Firefighter/Paramedic is considered an exempt salary position. Salary will range from $3,000 to $4,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- District paid 90% Major Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Annual Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee pays their 6% PERS contribution
- District provided housing including:
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath house on district property (shown below)
- All utilities paid for by district
- Approximately $1,400 per month in housing provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 18 years of age and valid Oregon Driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Oregon EMT Basic (must be a licensed Oregon Paramedic within 6 months of hire)
- ACLS, PHTLS and PALS provider (or within 6 months of hire)
- NFPA Firefighter 2 current and active DPSST certification
- NFPA Driver current and active DPSST certification
- NFPA Apparatus Equipped with Fire Pump current and active DPSST certification
- Hazmat Operations Level Responder current and active DPSST certification
- Wildland Interface Firefighter current and active DPSST certification
- NFPA Fire Instructor 1 current and active DPSST certification
- Successful completion of Physical Exam, Drug Test and Background Investigation
- NFPA Mobile Water Supply current and active DPSST certification
- Fire Instructor 2 current and active DPSST certification
- NFPA Fire Officer 1 current and active DPSST certification
- Wildland Interface Engine Boss current and active DPSST certification
- First Aid, CPR
- Experience as a Training Officer and DPSST training procedures
Applications are available by contacting the CRFPD main office at 541-433-2466, or by email request to email@example.com. Application, resume, supplemental questionnaire and minimum qualification certifications and documentation must be received by 5:00 p.m., Monday May 7, 2018.
Mail packets to: Crescent Rural Fire Protection District
P.O. Box 811
Gilchrist, OR. 97737
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will initially be evaluated based upon minimum qualifications for the position as evidenced by their education, experience, training documented in the application packet and application completion.
Under general direction of the Fire Chief, the Training Officer-FF/Paramedic is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day administration, operation and supervision of CRFPD and CCF training, including but not limited to, planning, coordinating and implementing fire training for both District’s volunteers and career staff. Further, the Training Officer-FF/Paramedic will be assigned to a 48/96 shift schedule at CRFPD. While on shift, you will need to be within a 10 minute response to the main station.
Top candidates will be invited to an assessment process which will include a physical agility, EMS scenario assessment, Instructor scenario assessment and interview process. The testing process will occur Wednesday May 23, 2018 at the CCF main station and begin at 10 a.m. until completion.
The successful candidate will receive a conditional job offer, followed by a drug screen, medical physical, and thorough background investigation.