This document outlines the Terms and Conditions relating to your use of www.sdao.com
and all associated sites linked to www.sdao.com
by SDAO, its subsidiaries and affiliates. By using this “Web Site”, also known as “site”, “the site” and/or “this site”, you are accepting and agreeing to all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions, do not use this Web Site. These Terms and Conditions are applicable to your use of this site regardless of how you accessed it.
SDAO invites you to view, use and download materials for your informational use, provided that you leave all the copyright notices or other proprietary notices intact. You may not store, modify, reproduce, transmit, distribute, repost, publicly display or otherwise use any content on this Web Site, or the design or layout of this Web Site or individual sections of it, in any form or media except with the express prior written permission of SDAO. The reproduction, reposting, public display, transmission or distribution of any information, software, or other material available through this Web Site, without the prior written consent of SDAO, is strictly prohibited.
You may not use this site to engage in any illegal activity. You may not use this site to engage in conduct which is defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing or that infringes on a third party's intellectual property or other proprietary rights. In the event you engage in activity that is illegal, defamatory, libelous, threatening, or harassing, SDAO reserves the right to disclose any and all information to law enforcement authorities as SDAO, in their sole discretion, deems appropriate.
You agree that any information you provide through this site will be truthful and accurate.
SDAO reserves the right to require any person or entity to change their User ID or answers to security questions.
Submission of Information
By providing information or materials to this Web Site, you grant to SDAO an unrestricted and free-of-cost license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, and transmit such information and materials for any purpose, including without limitation, disclosing any such information and materials as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request.
You are prohibited from submitting or transmitting any information that contains, references or is in any way involved in content that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexist, slanderous, offensive, or other material that would violate any law;
- Contains nudity, would be considered pornographic, contains a link to any website that would not be considered appropriate for minors, contains a link to any website that would be considered adult in nature;
- Is threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- Which advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods, services;
- Promotes illegal activity;
- Contains viruses or other technological devices designed to harm or interrupt this website;
- Is in any way involved with, or connected to, the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or “spamming”;
- Is harmful to minors;
- Contains or solicits personal information from anyone under eighteen (18) years of age;
- Includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent;
- Is protected by copyright or that may infringe on intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any commercially released film or television footage or professionally produced images, unless used with the express permission of the copyright owner;
- Violates any law or regulation (including without limitation those governing consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
- Otherwise violates or infringes the rights of others, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- Contains any personally identifiable information or protected health information;
- Could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
If you are an SDAO member or an SDAO member’s agent, and you submit information, such as schedule and/or coverage changes, online; please note that your submission does not commit SDAO to coverage. The web site is incapable of distinguishing between valid and invalid submissions. Therefore, each submission is reviewed before being accepted or denied by SDAO. SDAO does not provide notice in the event of an accepted submission. SDAO reserves the right to request additional information prior to reaching a decision or extending coverage.
Some and/or all portions of this site are restricted and require authorization for access. Unauthorized use of or access to these areas is prohibited. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of or access to such areas may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Attempts to access such areas without authorization may be viewed, monitored and recorded and any information obtained may be given to law enforcement organizations in connection with any investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity.
SDAO provides each user who registers for online access to www.sdao.com a unique user ID. Each registrant assigns their own password. Keep your password private (just as your protect PINs you use for other transactions, such as ATM withdrawals). If you are an authorized user of any restricted area, you are responsible to maintain the security and confidentiality of your password. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE. SDAO will never contact you with a request for your password. If you know or suspect that your password has been compromised, change your password immediately. If you suspect any unauthorized activity related to your account, you should contact SDAO. SDAO will not be responsible if you do not properly secure your password or if you choose to share your password with anyone else. In order to protect your personal information SDAO encourages you to change your password at least every 3 months.
Registered users may edit their SDAO account information at any time. SDAO staff may update your record based on information we have received in the form of written or electronic records or spoken words. After you have successfully registered for the SDAO site, your registration is reviewed and activated by SDAO personnel. An account activation confirmation is then e-mailed to you at the address submitted during registration. SDAO reserves the right to require any person or entity to change their User ID or answers to security questions.
SDAO Specifically Prohibits:
- Any e-mail transmissions of the following types to be sent, or caused to be sent, over the Internet to more than 5 different @sdao.com e-mail addresses in any 24-hour period unless SDAO, through one of its officers, has authorized the sending of such e-mail:
(1) Commercial advertising;
(2) Informational announcements;
(3) Political or religious tracts; or
(4) Solicitations for funds or donations
- Any e-mail transmission to be sent, or caused to be sent, over the Internet to any @sdao.com e-mail addresses if the e-mail is intended to, or appears intended to, harass, embarrass, threaten, defame or impersonate any person, or if the e-mail is pornographic, offensive, indecent, discriminatory or offensive on the basis of sex, color, national origin, race, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability;
- Any e-mail transmission to be sent, or caused to be sent, over the Internet to any @sdao.com e-mail address that makes use of a forged header or deceptive addressing, or which attempts in any manner to disguise the source of the e-mail;
- The harvesting or collection of the e-mail addresses of SDAO agents and/or personal financial representatives from the sdao.com web site for the purpose of sending bulk e-mail to email@example.com e-mail addresses.
SDAO reserves the right to take all legal and technical steps available, including pursuing civil remedies and criminal prosecution, to prevent bulk or other prohibited e-mail from entering, utilizing or remaining within the SDAO computer network.
Coverage and Coverage Quotes
Online quotes may not be available for all products, services or coverage selections. For additional information about products, services or coverage selections otherwise offered by SDAO, please contact your agent.
All quotes generated by this site are estimates based upon the information you provided and are not a contract, binder, or agreement to extend coverage. Any coverage descriptions provided on this site are general descriptions of available coverages and are not a statement of contract. To obtain coverage you must submit an application to SDAO. All applications are subject to underwriting approval. Coverages and availability may vary. For additional information, please contact your agent.
You cannot: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or modify this Web or create derivative works based upon this Web Site or any part thereof; (b) disable any licensing or control features of this Web Site; (c) introduce into this Web Site any virus or other code or routine intended to disrupt or damage this Web Site, or alter, damage or delete any Materials, or retrieve or record information about this Web Site or its users; (d) merge this Web Site or Materials with another program or create derivative works based on this Web Site or Materials; (e) remove, obscure, or alter any notice of the copyright or other proprietary legends on this Web Site or Materials; (f) sublicense, assign, translate, rent, lease, lend, resell for profit, distribute or otherwise assign or transfer the Materials or access to this Web Site to others; (g) use, or allow the use of, this Web Site or the Materials in contravention of any federal, state, local, foreign or other applicable law, or rules or regulations of regulatory or administrative organizations; or (h) otherwise act in a fraudulent, illegal, malicious or negligent manner when using this Web Site. Except as expressly provided herein, SDAO reserves all rights with respect to this Web Site, and may pursue all legally available options under both civil and criminal laws (and may cooperate with law enforcement agencies) in the event of any violations.
SDAO reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of the rules and regulations set forth in this Web Site, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site. Our policies regarding privacy are incorporated into these terms by reference.
For your convenience, SDAO may provide links to other Internet sites that SDAO does not maintain. You should not interpret any link to/from other sites as indicating that SDAO guarantees, warrantees or endorses the sites or their materials or that the sites are affiliated with SDAO in any manner. Similarly, SDAO is not responsible for anything contained on such sites and makes no warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such sites. SDAO makes no representation regarding the content or accuracy of any web site that you may access through this one. SDAO does not monitor and is not responsible for the content found on other web sites that are linked from this Web Site. Inclusion of these links on this Web Site does not imply endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship for any linked web site or the services, products or advice described on the site. The views, opinions, statements, offers or other information or content expressed therein are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not SDAO.
Linking to this Site
You may create links to this Site from other sites, but only in accordance with the following terms of the Guidelines for linking to this Website and in compliance with all applicable laws:
- May link to but not replicate the content on this Site;
- Should not create a browser or border environment around this Site's content;
- Should not imply that SDAO is endorsing it or its products;
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with SDAO;
- Should not present false information about SDAO’s products or services;
- Should not use “SDAO” or any affiliated names, symbols, trademarks, etc. without express written permission from SDAO;
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups,
Certain commercial services, products and discounts may be offered by third parties through this Web Site. SDAO is not and will not be responsible for:
- The terms and conditions of any transaction between you and any such third party;
- Any insufficiency of or problems with any such third party's background, insurance, credit or licensing;
- The quality of such products or the services performed by any such third party;
- Any other legal liability arising out of or related to the performance of such services or the purchase of such products.
Because we are not involved in the actual transaction between you and any such third party, in the event you have a dispute with any such third party, you release SDAO and its affiliates, agents, and employees from any and all claims arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Use of our Web Site by Children
Our web sites are not intended for children. Our definition of children is any person under the age of eighteen years old. SDAO does not intend to market any products or services to minor children and does not knowingly collect personal information from minor children through this web site. At this web site, SDAO makes no active effort to collect personal information from minor children and does not wish to receive such information. SDAO requires that web site users must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
Use of our Web Site
Our Web sites are primarily for those who are members of SDAO and/or PACE. In addition, many portions of the sites are directed to those who are part of the SDAO Property and Casualty, PACE Property and Casualty and/or SDAO Workers Compensation Risk Pools.
No Professional Advice
The information available on this web site is intended to be a general information resource regarding the matters covered, but is not offered as legal, accounting or other professional advice, and is not tailored to your specific circumstance. You should evaluate all information, opinions and advice available on this web site in consultation with your insurance agent.
Changes to This Document
This site, and any products or services available through this Web Site, is provided to you on an "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. In other words: You expressly understand and agree that your use of this web site is at your sole risk.
SDAO makes no warranty that:
- This web site will meet your requirements;
- This web site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- The results that may be obtained from the use of this web site will be accurate or reliable;
- The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through this web site will meet your expectations;
- Any errors in the technology will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained via this web site is done at your own discretion and risk. You and you are responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any material. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any Materials you may obtain are free of viruses or any other harmful components. No advice or information will create any warranty. Similarly, SDAO DOES NOT ENDORSE NOR MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED VIA THIS WEB SITE. SDAO makes no representations or warranties that use of the Materials will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Limitation of Liability
Your use of this web site is at your own risk.
SDAO SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS AND/OR INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN (EVEN IF SDAO OR AN SDAO REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) OR THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO THIS WEB SITE OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF NATURE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS WEB SITE OR INFORMATION AND/OR MATERIALS OBTAINED VIA THIS WEB SITE.
You agree that SDAO will not be liable for any harms, which lawyers and courts often call direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if SDAO has been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from:
- The use of this web site or inability to use this web site;
- Expenses associated with obtaining substitutes for any products, data, information, services, etc. obtained or attempted to be obtained and/or purchased or attempted to be purchased through or from this web site;
- Access to or alteration of your data or transference of your data;
- Communication or conduct of anyone on or through this web site;
- Any issue or matter related to or done via or in conjunction with this web site.
You agree to protect and fully compensate SDAO, its affiliates, and service providers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees) caused by or arising from your use of the this web site, your use of the services available on this web site, your violation of the terms and conditions of this web site, and/or your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
SDAO Intellectual Property Rights
Any and all logos referenced or displayed on any SDAO web sites are the intellectual property that logo’s owner.
Except where otherwise indicated, all materials on this site including but not limited to graphics, text, software, audio, video, and files, are the property of SDAO and are protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws. SDAO reserves all rights to this intellectual property. You may print out a single copy of pages on this site for your use provided that all copyright, trademark or other notices are retained. ALL OTHER USES ARE PROHIBITED.
You are not authorized to use any logo, any portion of this site or any other SDAO intellectual property on any other site. This includes, but is not limited to, meta-tags of any other site or in any other materials. You may not modify, publish, create derivative works, copy, distribute, or otherwise use any of this site's content or frame this site within any other site.
Availability of Products and Services
SDAO/ SDIS/ and PACE all exist and conduct business in the State of Oregon, which is in the United States of America. Our home office is located in Salem Oregon. This web site’s products and/or services are not available to everyone. There are restrictions on who can be a member of SDAO, SDIS, and/or PACE. If you are not already a member, it is likely that you and/or your organization are not eligible for some and/or any of products and services offered by SDAO, SDIS and/or PACE. We reserve the right to determine, and if necessary deny, eligibility for any and/or all products and services. In addition: Certain products or services may be subject to specific terms, conditions, representations or agreements.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Oregon, United States of America. This is due to the fact that all SDAO members are entities who exist in the State of Oregon, United States of America. And due to the fact that this web site is operated on behalf of SDAO from their offices in Salem, Oregon and/or Tigard, Oregon, both of which are in the United States of America.
SDAO makes no representation that the content of this Web Site is appropriate or available for use in locations other than the State of Oregon, and access to this Web Site from territories where the content of this Web Site may be illegal is prohibited. Those who access this Web Site from other locations must do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with Oregon Laws, United States of America Laws and any applicable laws due to their locale.
These terms and conditions, and all documents incorporated herein by reference, constitute the entire agreement between SDAO and you with respect to this Web Site. If any portion of these terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable by a court of law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any and all other portions of these terms and conditions. It shall be as if the smallest possible unlawful portion were removed and stricken from the document. Any and all other portions of the terms and conditions will remain in effect.
All SDAO and SDAO related documents, including but not limited to coverage documents, declarations, endorsements, certificates, agreements, applications, forms, required notices and any other documents are written in the version of the English language common to the State of Oregon in the United States of America (English) and are not intended to be translated into any other language. In the event of any difference in interpretation, the original English language version controls.
Special Districts Association of Oregon, PO Box 12613, Salem, OR. 97309
Phone 800-285-5461 or 503-371-8667