South Clackamas Transportation District: District Manager
Deadline: Submit resumes by October 15th
OVERVIEW OF DISTRICT
SCTD is located just 27 miles south of the Portland Metropolitan area. The only incorporated city within the boundaries of SCTD is the City of Molalla.
South Clackamas Transportation District was the first area to withdraw from Tri-Met. The District was established under Chapter 267 of the Oregon Revised Statutes.
The District covers approximately 100 square miles with the City of Molalla constituting the population center. The District operates two commuter routes and one deviated fixed route. Check the website at www.sctd.org for route details. Driver personnel is contracted.
The District is funded through a payroll and/or self-employment tax on businesses conducting operations within the boundaries of the District.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in business or a closely related field and a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work in public transit management is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices and techniques of transit operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, associates, contractor’s representatives of other agencies and members of the general public.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of local budget preparation and administration. Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Manages, monitors and is directly responsible for the operations of SCTD public transit.
- Plans, designs and recommends future transit services and presents information to the Board of Directors on future service design, manages and coordinates public forums to gather input from citizens, prepares public hearing notices for significant service changes.
- Represent, collaborate and promote transit system with other transit agency system, metropolitan planning organizations, and various federal, state and local agencies.
- Perform all future transit planning for the system to include capital needs, operating needs and route changes.
- Compile data, develops and submits all local, state and federal reports monthly, quarterly and annually as required.
- Ensures that SCTD provides safe, reliable and efficient transit service to the community by being responsive to changing trends and focusing on customer service.
- Ensures transit system follows Federal Transit Administration, State and local operating and financial regulations.
- Manages, monitors and oversees service provider contract.
- Administers all federal and state grants.
- Prepares annual budget in accordance with Oregon Budget Law.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure budget categories are not exceeded.
- Collects payroll and self-employment taxes in accordance with SCTD’S ordinance.
- Is responsible for any other issues that come before SCTD transit system.
- Plans, designs and recommends future transit services; prepares and presents information to the Board of Directors on future service design.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
A Bachelors’ degree in Business ‘administration is preferred however, work experience in the area of responsible duties will be considered along with three (3) years’ experience in public transit.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting salary range $55,000 to $70,000 depending upon experience.
- Vacation: 2 weeks at end of first year
- Holidays: 7
- Sick leave: 12 days per year.
- Medical/Dental: $450.00 towards premium (employee only)
- Retirement: 7.5% of annual gross salary paid into IRA or choice of employee
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resumes to:
Personnel Transition Committee
PO Box 517
Molalla, OR 97038