Invites applications for the position of:
$175,000 - $250,000 Plus Benefits
Opening Date: May 1, 2018
Closing Date: July 2, 2018
The Port of Morrow is currently recruiting qualified applicants to fill the Executive Director position.
The Port of Morrow is located along the beautiful Columbia River near the city of Boardman in Morrow County, Oregon. The Port is governed by a five-member commission elected by the district’s voters. The Port of Morrow is one of the state of Oregon’s and region’s most vibrant economic development agencies.
Responsibility for management and administration of Port activities resides with the Executive Director who is appointed by the Port Commission. The Port presently employs 113 full-time and 5 part-time employees.
Qualifications for the successful applicant include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration or a closely related field; and
2. Experience with economic development, port operations or associated business.
3. Or a successful combination of education, training, and experience that clearly demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Port of Morrow is looking to hire a person who will provide the leadership, management skills and administrative abilities to continue move the Port in the direction of its stated mission.
Mission: The Port of Morrow is the region’s economic development leader and works closely with businesses and organizations to create family wage jobs. The Port maintains a positive business environment; develops water sources; provides and expands utility services; provides surface, water and air transportation facilities and services; and continues to expand its role as a regional transportation hub. The Port is focused on fully developing industrial, commercial and community development potential while supporting the region’s quality of life.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The individual appointed to this position will possess well-developed operations, business management, administrative and leadership skills. They will recognize that policy is set by the Commission and will provide an open and direct flow of information to assist in the formulation of Port policies.
They will also:
• Be an excellent communicator and representative of the Port.
• Act as a catalyst and “front” person who can help the Commission, Port users, and the communities create a vision to build for the future.
• Promote ideas and concepts and sell them in the broader community.
• Maintain responsibility for establishing and nurturing successful press relations.
• Help the Port grow and adapt to changing conditions and continue to be an economic development leader in the region and state.
• In relationships with staff, this person will be a good listener and mentor; and be accessible and open in dealings with people who work for the Port.
Salary Range: $175,000 – 250,000. Excellent benefit package
Desirable Starting Date: October 1, 2018
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction and resume by email or postal service to:
Port of Morrow Executive Director Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: July 2, 2018