Benton SWCD: River Restoration and Invasive Species Program Coordinator
The River Restoration and Invasive Species Program Coordinator (RRISPC) for Benton Soil and Water Conservation District works with local landowners and a variety of conservation partners and technical experts to assess, prioritize, and coordinate stewardship activities along the mainstem Willamette River. This person coordinates Benton SWCD’s invasive species program and provides support to other initiatives in collaboration with team members and partners.
Click here for full position description.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit application as soon as possible since position is open until filled. Submit all application materials requested. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Faxes will not be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit all application materials below in hardcopy or electronic form:
- Job application form (Click here or obtain a paper copy at our office.)
- Cover letter describing your qualifications for and interest in the position. Include a detailed narrative of your experience managing restoration projects and providing community outreach and education. Provide examples of how you have worked with diverse landowners and professional partners, and your experience with native and invasive plants. Please explain how you personally connect with the BSWCD mission, and the techniques you would use to be successful in this job.
- Resume (with your email address and phone number in the header).
- Two writing samples that you personally have written:
- Something that demonstrates your ability to convey technical information to professionals, such as other scientists or granting agencies.
- An example that shows how you communicate with diverse, non-technical audiences. Examples might include a flyer, blog post, brochure, etc.
- Three professional references, at least one of which is a past supervisor.
Send electronic submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading RRISPC Application. Please do not include attachments in the body of your email. Attach them separately as PDFs.
Mail hard copy materials to:
Attn: Holly Crosson
Benton Soil and Water Conservation District
456 SW Monroe Avenue; Suite 110; Corvallis, Oregon 97333
Finalists will be contacted for an interview. We will notify all qualified applicants when a decision has been made. Thank you for your interest in this position and for taking your valuable time to apply for a job with Benton Soil and Water Conservation District!
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Benton Soil and Water Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.