Aurora Fire District: Fire Chief
Aurora Fire District is currently recruiting qualified applicants to fill the position of Fire Chief. This position reports directly to an elected five-member Board of Directors. Aurora Fire District is in the North Willamette Valley between Portland and Woodburn. The Willamette River separates the Districts northern boundary from the Portland metropolitan area.
The Fire District serves 64 square miles in both Marion and Clackamas Counties and encompasses the cities of Aurora and Donald. The District is predominately rural farmland but is experiencing rapid growth of industry predominately driven by its proximity to Aurora State Airport and access to two major highway and rail corridors.
The Aurora Fire District operates with an annual budget of 1.1 million dollars and serves the community with two fire stations, 4 career staff and approximately 20 volunteers.
Qualifications for the successful applicant include:
- Must have five years fire command experience at the company or chief officer level with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the fire service.
- Experience in working within combination fire departments.
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s license to operate all district equipment. NFPA Hazardous Materials First Responder/Operations
- NFPA Fire Officer II.
- NFPA Instructor II
- NIMS-ICS 300 & 400 certifications.
- Annually pass Aurora Fire District medical physical
- Must live in the Aurora Fire District or South of the Willamette river and within 8 miles of the district administrative office within 6 months of hire
- Associate Degree in public administration, or fire science, or fire administration, or in a field of emergency response.
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction and resume by February 12, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Aurora Fire District, Fire Chief Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
Attn: K’Lynn Wiley
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281-3879